CafeMedia empowers over 2,800 premium publishers, with a collective reach of over 164MM monthly unique visitors (#12 largest Comscore property, August 2020), to make a living doing what they love – producing great content – while we manage the advertising for them. From food to home to news and technology and more, we represent the influential voices who make the internet a better place. As the largest exclusive publisher network, we have a unique capability to build innovative products that span across publishers, advertisers, and consumers.
We want to empower our creators in many more areas than just advertising, and email is a key area of growth for their businesses. By building strong email newsletter programs, our publishers can grow their audiences, expand in new directions, and diversify their businesses. Additionally, users who sign up for an email newsletter are significantly more valuable from an advertising perspective. We already provide a base level of consulting services to our publishers around their email strategy and want to significantly grow our capabilities.
The candidate who fills this role will have the unique opportunity to build an entirely new line of business within our company, and innovate significantly in the space. We’re open to all ideas around email, including paid email newsletters, powering our publishers’ email platforms, negotiating partnerships with major providers in the space, and anything else.
Overall Role & Responsibilities
- Own all aspects of email strategy and execution
- Build a new internal team to manage our email services business
- Lead process of developing and managing annual financial plan for email solutions
- Overall ownership of financial and other metrics
- Build partnerships with email providers, services, consultants and more
- Work with product team to:
-ensure that our roadmap supports our financial goals, and to change course when market conditions dictate
-generate new innovations and ideas to turn into future products
- Work with publisher teams to support email capture and other services across our network
- Work with communications and marketing team to define how we roll products out to market
- Work with analytics team to ensure we have accurate/complete reporting to:
-track our performance
-provide support to publishers
-understand network trends and issues
- Work with content marketing team to produce content to educate our customers and the wider market about email marketing
- Act as the subject matter expert for all email-related topics
- You are an expert within the field of email marketing, specifically from the perspective of content creators and publishers
- You are deeply plugged into the trends around the email industry
- You understand how publishers can grow their email lists, improve engagement, create unique email products and more
- You are an excellent communicator and can turn complex ideas into actionable and understandable materials
- You are connected to other thought leaders within the email industry
- You are great at working with many different functional areas and providing them with the direction and support they need to execute to your goals
- You have a clear vision of how the email marketplace is going to evolve over time
- You are highly self-motivated and are always pushing for the next innovation
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.