TEDxSeattle is a volunteer-based organization that strives to spread ideas worth sharing. In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxSeattle, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxSeattle event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group.
TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxSeattle, where x = independently organized TED event.
TEDxSeattle is one of the first and longest running TEDx events in the world. Now we are proud to say it is one of the largest as well. What started in 2010 as a single-day event called TEDxRainier with an audience of 600 people has evolved into TEDxSeattle with an audience that (pre-pandemic) fills McCaw Hall’s 2,800 seat auditorium.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping execute on email campaigns. You will work directly with our in-house designers and content writers to build emails in MailChimp and send them out to our 30,000+ person email distribution list.
Gain the satisfaction of being a critical part of a large, influential event tied to a global brand. Open doors with the Seattle business community of thinkers and doers. Get a powerful resume builder. Serve as an integral part of a supportive, passion-driven volunteer-run community. Be involved with an organization offering a long track record of game-changing events and building community.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Your primary goal is to maintain a constant flow of high-quality content to our audience.
- Coordinate with various teams and stakeholders in the organization to curate good content and push through our marketing system.
- You are responsible for all communication to the 30,000+ person TEDxSeattle mailing list.
- Monthly Newsletters
- Ticket promotions
- Working with content writer to build emails
- Come up with strategies to grow the TEDxSeattle mailing list
- You will work closely with many of the key teams within TEDxSeattle
- Email Marketing Experience (2+ years)
- Design experience (1+ year)
- Email design experience (preferred)
- Familiarity with MailChimp (preferred)
- Content writing experience (preferred)
This is a volunteer opportunity provided by VolunteerMatch, in partnership with LinkedIn for Good.
This position requires the following skills: Copy Writing / Copy Editing, Marketing Strategy & Planning, Technical Writing, Sales Marketing, Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com), Brand Development & Messaging