Digital and Channel Marketing is a growing and evolving team that manages outbound, owned, and paid digital channels driving the business for both Whole Foods Market stores and the digital marketplace on Amazon.com. We are responsible for strategizing customer communication that conveys business priorities and innovations, as well as the WFM brand purpose and values that set the company apart from other grocery retailers.
This role sits on the Email and Digital Channel arm of the Channel Marketing team, focusing primarily on the day-to-day of email planning and execution – inclusive of development, analysis, and customer journey strategy. An immense amount of growth exists on this growing team as expansion grows within App and Push ownership. Our team is looking for a driven and thought provoking leader that is unafraid to push boundaries and uncover efficiencies!
How You’ll Lead
- Develop, QA, and deploy email campaigns using manipulative applications (Sonar ESP, Content Symphony), ensuring high quality, accurate, and enticing communication with the WFM customer.
- Uncovers and communicates operational efficiencies within email service platforms to meet growing personalization business goals and 1:1 customer experience. Constant improvement of customer communication capabilities and processes.
- Partners cross-functionally with fellow marketing strategy partners, analytics, and engineering to align customer journey, segmentation, and launch efficiencies.
- Supports Marketing seasonal and global programs to develop online campaigns and ensure implementation on the email platform.
- Partner with analytics and customer data teams to ensure personalized messaging is delivered to correct customers through connection of segmentation creation and modeling customer behaviors.
- Manage the creation of complex dynamic content and template builds.
- Sole ownership of QA prior to campaign launch – last set of eyes before the WFM customer experiences messaging.
- Recommend shifts to email campaign execution using data-based reasoning and performance hindsight.
- 2-4 years’ experience in building email campaigns. Experience with complex campaign builds using diverse segmentation data, testing, and triggered series.
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML, CSS, and/or Python is preferred.
- Ability to communicate complexities in workflows, dependencies, and solutions. Strong communication in educating stakeholders of current platform and channel capabilities.
- Solution-oriented and ability to ask ‘why’ with recommendations to better business using data analysis and email best practices.
- Highest level of attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Passion for pushing boundaries and uncovering new technologies or practices to drive the email program.
- Able to identify alignment / misalignment of team project goals with larger organizational strategy, goals, and objectives.
- General understanding of how the email program fits into lifecycle, multi-channel marketing with ability to recommend delivery efficiencies for top-tier customer experience.
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended any time at the sole discretion of Whole Foods Market. The appropriate country or jurisdictional laws, processes, professional or regulatory bodies, and qualifications apply outside of the United States.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.