Here’s your opportunity to become a valuable member one of Canada’s technology and advertising innovators – TRADER Corporation – the choice digital marketing partner for Canadian automotive retailers and manufacturers as well as the parent company of Canada’s largest automotive marketplace, AutoTrader.ca. With over 25 million visits a month and more than 6 million total mobile app downloads, we are the top destination for all things automotive in Canada. We offer automotive retailers and manufacturers access to a robust audience of new and used car shoppers, best-in-class digital advertising, dealership website and software solutions, and rich data insights.
We are in search of an skillful, sharp and innovative Senior Specialist, Email Marketing & Website to spearhead our dealer-facing email and web program. In this position, you will join forces with a dynamic team of B2B Marketing professionals, to champion our email communication and campaign effort, as well as corporate/product website administration and management, targeted towards our dealer audience.
Key qualities we are looking for include the ability to build remarkable, engaging and memorable email layouts as well as campaign and product landing pages, leveraging our established brand guide and design aesthetic, while driving tangible results for the business, most notably acquisition, upsell and cross-sell opportunities for our Sales organization. In the role of Senior Specialist, Email Marketing & Website, you will be required to know the ins and outs of Marketo, (or an equivalent email automation platform), be on top of technological advances in email that facilitate the deployment and monitoring of campaign specifics, serve as a subject matter expert for email and website best practices, database hygiene, as well as management and segmentation, and be well versed in Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
Additionally, in your day-to-day, you will work closely with B2B Marketing leadership and relevant team members to establish and maintain synergy and effective communication with other business areas, including colleagues and key stakeholders in Product, Development and Sales teams. Beyond owning the email and web tactics, the Senior Specialist, Email Marketing & Website will be required to report on campaign performance and routinely interpret email communication and campaign results data in addition to website performance to identify and roll-out optimization opportunities that are sure to drive lifts in consumption and conversion.
- End-to-end ownership of our B2B Marketing email calendar and management of cross-functional email requests to support deployment of key customer touchpoints requested by other groups and/or departments.
- Accountable for marketing automation activities and execution of all dealer email communications and campaigns, including product updates, billing communications, product/solution focused promotions, net promoter score and other survey invitations, monthly newsletters, etc., to drive acquisition, upsell/cross-sell opportunities and positively impact customer loyalty.
- Own day-to-day email marketing activities, leveraging Marketo (Email Automation Platform) and Salesforce.com, including, email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing, tagging and deployment of one-off, recurring, triggered, and/or dynamic customer driven campaigns and journeys.
- Generate consistent copy across all dealer-facing email communications and campaigns, that align to the tone and voice of our brand, collaborating with copy writing resources, as required.
- Build and code engaging, memorable and action oriented email templates leveraging the latest standards in HTML and inline CSS.
- Champion audience segmentation and customer contact record hygiene activities, as well as quality assurance checks for all dealer-facing email touchpoints.
- Identify and build email journeys and sequences, routinely interpreting email results data to ensure that automated programs are constantly optimized to drive customer engagement and conversion.
- Build A/B tests to experiment with subject lines, email layouts and creative, as well as segmentation and audiences, to drive increases to open rates, clickthroughs and conversions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert specific to Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), email best practices, database hygiene, customer segmentation and list clean up activities.
- Build engaging and conversion focused campaign and/or program landing pages, leveraging our established dealer-facing website, powered by WordPress, and oversee the routine enhancements and/or changes to our dealer-focused web presence.
- Routinely interpret, draw relevant and impactful insights, and report on email and website performance, from various reporting platforms, ultimately providing recommendations for key optimization areas to enhance performance and conversions.
Education, Experience & Technical Skills
- Minimum 4 years working experience with email marketing and website administration and management, (B2B Marketing experience is preferred).
- Post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications, or equivalent.
- Experience with Marketo is a must, (or a similar Email Service Provider); Marketo Certification is a definite bonus.
- Well-versed with Microsoft Office productivity tools, (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as Adobe Creative Suite / Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Dreamweaver).
- Expertise with HTML5 and CSS3, particularly inline CSS as leveraged in email layouts.
- Working experience with Salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform is a definite asset.
- Comfortable working with data and building/presenting reports.
- Bilingual (French and English) is a bonus, however, not essential.
Required Soft Skills & Competencies
- Sound organizational and time management proficiencies, with an innate “can do” and “go getter” attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, both independently and as part of a team.
- Extensive knowledge of campaign/project planning, execution, delivery, and reporting, with attention to detail.
- Strong data analysis and reporting, as well as superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Stakeholder management skills as well as the ability to manage expectations both within the team and with the larger organization.
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges, when required.