OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we’re as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we’re proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: “It’s perfect. Now make it better.” As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The eCommerce team powers our US and Canada Columbia.com sites as well as our Customer Care Center. From merchandising and marketing to product management and technology, the consumer is at the center of everything we do. And, the eCommerce team is known for the relentless improvement of the customer experience-always striving for a better, faster, easier experience.
The eCommerce Marketing team is looking for a Sr. Manager of Retention Marketing who will lead multiple teams and functions, and will be the global business owner for Email, Loyalty and CRM toolset and roadmap. In this role, you will be responsible for all parts of consumer and member communication strategy and be hyper focused on driving consumer engagement, revenue, retention, and lifetime value.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Leads long range strategy and planning; set engagement and financial goals for promotional, lifecycle marketing and triggered marketing
- Directs go-to-market campaign process for existing consumers across all marketing channels. Guides teams in development and improvement of end-to-end campaign processes for specific programs.
- Independently identifies and resolves conflicts across departments by working with peers and leadership partners
- Leads creation and maintenance of consumer health reporting across channels. Ensures right cadence, depth and KPIs are monitored regularly to drive long term existing consumer engagement, retention, and lifetime value. Educates consumer value and segmentation across the organization, with all levels of leadership. Serves as a global consultant across all brands and regions on retention reporting and measurement
- Leads long range testing, segmentation, lifecycle marketing, member acquisition, and content personalization strategies across all marketing channels for existing consumer touchpoints
- Manages marketing channel and program vendor relationships for global retention channel partners, solutions, and tooling
- Capable of thinking outside the box and delivering customized retention strategies/solutions for Columbia
- Well-versed in email marketing, loyalty marketing and customer retention programs
- A problem solver, especially of complex business problems
- An excellent communicator - verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present to and influence senior leadership
- 8 years functional experience
- Subject matter expertise and program leadership experience across all aspects of Email marketing, Loyalty marketing programs and consumer retention.
- Experience managing external vendor relationships for enterprise-level ESP(s) and Loyalty tools
- Strong leadership skillset (of supervisors/managers as well as individual contributors), ability to lead functional teams to achieve long term objectives in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Experience leading, collaborating, and influencing across departments within multi-channel branded retail business
To learn more about our hiring process during COVID-19, click here.
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.