Microsoft’s Education Marketing team is a small group of marketers with a deep passion for education. We are fortunate to possess a rich offering of products (Windows devices/Surface, Teams, Microsoft 365, and many more), anchored by a common goal and audience – empowering the students of today to create the world of tomorrow. The integrated marketing team within this group develops and is responsible for all one to many customer facing marketing for a variety of solutions and experiences that span our Education offering. We're fun. We're social. We're interactive. And, were looking for a passionate, high energy individual to join us to help grow our Customer Relationship Marketing capabilities, with a strong focus on expanding our email program and growing our customer database.
The ideal candidate will work equally well at the strategic and tactical, the creative and analytical. He/she is an inclusive teammate who communicates well across groups and levels of seniority and can easily adapt to change in this dynamic business environment. He/She will also be an experienced email marketer with a solid understanding of channel usage and measurement methodologies and can push through complexities to contribute to building marketing moments that align to business objectives and ensure success and excellence in marketing execution.
- Lead global email/RM strategy for Education across K12 and Higher Ed audiences, focused on onboarding, promotional and lifecycle email.
- Partner with the In Product team to build out a strong In Product marketing strategy for education.
- Set goals and KPIs across email, in product and customer data base growht.
- Measure impact of all customer touchpoints and evolve the strategy to have maximum business impact.
- Oversee the global customer database and CRM tools with a focus on privacy compliance, efficiency, and innovation.
- Partner closely with other CRM owners throughout the company to execute cross-company campaigns that give our customers the best of Microsoft
- Seek out organic opportunities to highlight education content to our broader consumer and commercial base in other RM/In Product channels.
- Provide strategic guidance and direction to the CRM agency team.
- Maintain strong knowledge of Relationship Marketing best practices both in education industry sales as well as tech ecommerce.
- Partner with other digital channels to create integrated approaches.
- Run and maintain a monthly editorial calendar across key audiences (educator and technical decision maker).
- Regularly communicate plans and results to set expectations with senior management, global field leads and other stakeholders with confidence and clarity.
- 2+ years’ experience running email marketing programs.
- 3+ years of experience in integrated digital marketing.
- Agency management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver strategy in digital marketing.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a focus on principled tangible, measurable recommendations, delivered with executive presence.
Highly preferred experience and skills
- Email marketing strategy and creative experience.
- In product marketing – first run, etc.
- Ability to interpret, understand, and translate data or results into practical and meaningful insights.
- Experience with applying digital techniques like automation, machine learning, natural language processing, knowledge engineering is a plus.
- Ability to integrate business knowledge, strategy, and insight to create distinctive value for customers, partners and internal/external stakeholders.
- Digital marketing in education or tech.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Communications, business, or marketing.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away