About the Role:
The Sr. Manager Email Marketing Manager will lead all email marketing for Wiley’s Advancement Courses business and other K12 focused initiatives, taking primary responsibility for the ongoing strategic development, analysis, and day-to-day execution of this robust and key channel.
This individual will lead email campaign creation and execution, driving demand and engagement at each stage of both the B2C and B2B buyer journey, including trigger and drip campaigns, sales-driving promotional campaigns, nurture campaigns focused on lead conversion, and later-stage nurture campaigns designed to accelerate opportunities and drive customer adoption/expansion.
Additional responsibilities will also include audience segmentation, creative/template development, determining timing/cadence to deploy, AB testing, and assessing campaign performance. The Sr. Email Marketing Manager will be as comfortable with strategy and creative as they are with the technical aspects of email marketing, from throttling and campaign building to list maintenance and DMARC records.
- Develop overall email marketing strategies across the customer lifecycle.
- Set up procedures and processes that drive productivity and efficiency.
- Measure the performance of email campaigns, leverage data to improve on methods of driving demand and revenue;
- Monitor email marketing metrics, automate, scale and innovate within the email channel.
- Be the thought leader for our email channel and a key leader on the marketing team.
- Project manage across analytics, product, and marketing to meet fast-paced schedules while ensuring quality.
- Own execution of the email calendar aligning with key brand initiatives, promotions, content marketing, product inventory, and trends in K12 education.
- Develop and execute robust A/B testing plans to improve email KPIs including deliverability, open rates, click rates, conversion rates, opt-out rates, and revenue.
- Manage campaign reporting and analytics with the goal to discover insights to optimize results.
- Strong knowledge of best practices for email creative, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability, CAN-SPAM regulations, and ESPs.
- Analyze and own performance of email drip and nurture campaigns with specific focus on driving movement and conversion within defined stages of sales and marketing funnel.
- Own internal communication around nurture programs and processes with marketing and sales stakeholders, including reporting on performance and recommending areas of optimization.
- Act as power user for the standard email and marketing automation tool (currently Oracle Eloqua); develop deep knowledge, advise team on advances in technology, and train others in its use.
- 5-7 years of experience in email marketing.
- Proven track records of driving revenue with email marketing campaigns.
- Revenue oriented and results driven.
- Tech savvy, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Edtech and/or Ecommerce experience a plus but not required.
- Knowledge or Oracle ‘s Eloqua email platform.
- Proficiency with technical tools and systems, especially customer databases and analysis and reporting tools and packages.
- Deep understanding of consumer behavior to build out key consumer segments and deliver the most relevant offers and communications to our user base.
- Strong people leadership skills, including the ability to influence, coach, develop and to get work done through others.
- Ability to work across the organization and influence executives, cross divisional teams, partners, peers and leadership from across the company.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, duties and/or projects.
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate all qualified applicants and treat all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Wiley is also committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.