Raise is the leading mobile payments and prepaid gift card platform where millions of consumers earn instant cash back and save money on purchases. The company has transformed traditionally simple pieces of plastic into one powerful payment mechanism that can be seamlessly used at 300,000+ retail locations nationwide.
As a marketplace with 4,000+ brands and 500 retail partners, Raise enables consumers to save money and instantly pay for in-store or online purchases at their favorite stores using their digital mobile wallet. In addition to offering value and convenience for consumers, Raise allows retailers to unlock a new, data-driven channel to activate targeted segments of the platform's more than 2.5 million members.
Added to our suite of products is Slide, a revolutionary contactless payment app that saves members money everywhere they shop, and rZero, a custom approach to fraud prevention that can be applied to each unique customer scenario.
Since 2013, Raise has saved members more than $170 million. The company is based in Chicago and has received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, Bessemer Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, and PayPal. Raise is available on both iOS and Android and at www.raise.com.
About The Position
The Senior Manager, Email Marketing & CRM will play a key role in shaping the messaging and delivery of our brand promise for both the Raise and Slide brands. The goal of this position is to create a new conversation amongst consumers and make the value prop of saving members money everywhere they shop come to life.
Specifically, the Senior Manager, Email Marketing & CRM will own the planning and execution of annual integrated plans, targeting both current and prospective consumer segments to drive sales and purchases. They will immerse themselves in the minds and lives of our members and serve as their voice in marketing planning, messaging, and media selections. They will take each campaign from ideation to launch, creating briefs, writing copy, collaborating with design and development teams, and setting up and launching campaigns within the ESP. The best candidate will team with internal functional leaders to deploy this plan and continually monitor deployment to identify learnings and retool the plan accordingly.
- Manage strategy and lead the execution of integrated and personalized CRM programs for key customer segments that encourages acquisition, retention and loyalty
- Develop deep understanding of our current consumer audiences' mindsets, shopping behaviors and media consumption to develop cut-through messaging and delivery, and maximize LTV
- Work with data team to develop an understanding of the highest-potential new consumer segments and develop acquisition plans to drive conversion and loyalty
- Collaborate with internal teams to create compelling communications strategies and constructs that explain the functionality and benefits of the Raise marketplace and the Slide app
- Build annual integrated plans, corresponding budgets and deployment calendars and manage merchandising assets on the website and mobile app
- Deploy daily email, push and text campaigns and manage and optimize lifecycle campaigns
- Manage and prioritize the work for the internal design team, as well as as provide direction for our email developer
- Develop concise briefs that drive all related creative/messaging efforts
- Ensure program deliverables are executed across multiple communication channels
- Partner with HR management to help craft internal/employee communications
Skills & Qualifications
- 5-7 years experience in a marketing communications role—either corporate, or agency—with message development and copywriting, as well as planning and program deployment experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher in marketing, English, communications, creative writing, or journalism
- In-depth knowledge and utility of ESP and mobile app CRM tools including Sailthru, Carnival, Persado, LiveClicker, and Attentive SMS
- In-depth experience with all internal CMS functions and data tools including Looker, Google Analytics, Medium, Hootsuite
- Adept at using Slack, Zoom and Google Meets, and working within a company's frontend and backend systems
- Outstanding communications skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to synthesize complex information into succinct actionable messages
- Budgeting and project management acumen
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail, pride in work and ability to think and write creatively and quickly a must
Raise offers a comprehensive benefits package to all our employees, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(K) plan with discretionary company match
- Company-paid short-and-long-term disability
- Company-paid life insurance
- Pre-tax health flex spending and dependent care plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off Policy, including sick time, unlimited vacation, and Raise Gives Back time off for volunteering
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Paid parental leave
- Voluntary benefits, such as Pet Insurance and Identity Protection