Explore the possibilities across our global house of brands.
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
Reporting into the Director, Email & SMS, the Sr. Manager, Email & SMS Marketing will lead execution of direct marketing strategies for Tapestry inclusive of all broadcast, trigger and lifecycle based programs. As part of the newly formed Digital Center of Expertise team, this role will work in lock step with our digital marketing brand partners to create customer centric and data driven campaigns through a rigorous test and learn approach.
- Responsible for the execution of Coach’s global digital direct marketing strategy
- Design and build best-in-class email and SMS marketing programs including advanced automations, journeys, segmentation and personalization for marketing, transactional and operational campaigns
- Coordinate daily with the Coach marketing team to understand the email strategy and deliver flawlessly executed direct marketing campaigns
- Responsible for developing sophisticated direct marketing segmentation to target the right customers at the right time
- Proactively manage and monitor email deliverability including successful campaign deployment (correct file size and send speed) and ISP inbox placement
- Execute data email hygiene strategies such as ECOA, email append and cleansed backfill
- Troubleshoot technical issues and consult with IT or vendor technical support to implement solutions
- Develop and execute a robust testing plan to improve personalization across direct marketing channels inclusive of product recommendations, relevant content and customized send frequency
- Develop email best practices to share with stakeholders across the organization including creative, marketing, ecommerce and buying
- Identify, assess, and communicate brand pain points in order to improve processes, modernize the digital experience, and create engaging customer touchpoints
- Provide strategic guidance on new and native features while constantly monitoring industry trends and best practices
- Drive and monitor success of the program, campaign and segment levels - identifying and reporting on all areas to track effectiveness of the programs and clearly articulate optimizations - including open, click through and conversion rates, unsubscribes, bounces and revenue per send
- Manage day-to-day relationship with 3rd party email and SMS vendors including Sales Force, Oracle, Return Path, Attentive and campaign execution agencies
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with ESP and marketing technologies, including SalesForce Marketing Cloud and Oracle
- Proficiency with AMP Script, Journey Builder, Email Studio, Data Extensions and Automation Studio, SQL and HTML
- Experience with ecommerce and marketing tools such as Google Analytics, SalesForce Commerce Cloud
- Ability to apply analysis to influence business decisions to drive performance
- Must be highly collaborative and the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.