There is something meaningfully different about Andersen. A key to the company’s enduring success is our sincere and thorough effort to do the right thing for customers, for employees, for the community and for the environment.
Andersen is a place of vibrant energy and innovation. These innovations are part of a well-defined roadmap to seize opportunities ahead.
The Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing the email marketing communication strategy for all Andersen windows key stakeholder (homeowners, builders, trade professionals, architects, and dealers.) This position will lead efforts to determine how, when, and what is communicated to customers including establishing and enabling data requirements, developing journey and process flows, consulting and executing on email design creative, monitoring and reporting email performance.
- EXECUTE: Manage, design, build and QA all email marketing communications deployments (single sends and journeys) through Salesforce Marketing Cloud to ensure deliverability and deliver on program goals. Meet with stakeholders to understand objectives and provide recommendations, including journey flow documentation. Manage list segmentation and ensure data extracts for email deployments are accurate. Test and QA all email deployments regularly. Improve performance through subject line testing and other qualitative driven testing methods.
- PLANNING: Create annual email marketing goals and plans including developing strategies to grow email database, improve the email marketing communication user experience, and drive revenue and lead generation/conversion. Establish KPIs and benchmarks for program performance utilizing multiple sources of data.
- REPORTING: Supply marketing and sales with actionable reporting and insights to improve program performance including engagement, deliverability, conversions, campaign performance, etc. Present insights and recommendations to peers, superiors and executive leadership.
- LIST MANAGEMENT: Manage Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud data connection in partnership with internal Salesforce team. Maintain health of Salesforce Marketing Cloud database. Understand legal requirements (ex. CAN-SPAM) of maintaining email lists.
- TECHNICAL COLLABORATION: Partner with IT resources to identify and recommend email architecture setups, journey flow process documentation, overall content and cadence of communications, functionality and data enhancements and maintain long-term roadmap of improvements. Collaborate with internal development team to manage prioritization of development tasks. Consult on segmentation of database. Build data extensions to meet email requirements.
- CONTENT: Identify content opportunities and work cross-functionally to develop impactful content for an engaging experience that aligns with the Andersen brand and delivers on goals.
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: Serve as company expert for Salesforce Marketing Cloud capabilities setup. Monitor emerging industry trends to stay up-to-date on evolving email marketing tools and opportunities. Monitor competitive and best-in-class email communications to understand the landscape and other digital experiences of our email subscribers.
- This position works closely with other members of the IT Salesforce team and digital marketing team, as well as marketing managers, product managers, Salesforce administrators, data architects, content team and agency partners. The position requires oversight of data technical structures and data flows within the Salesforce customer relationship management platform, including (but not limited to) Salesforce administrators, data architects, interns, contractors, account representatives, and specialists.
CULTURE AND BENEFITS: Our vision is to make the world a better place by living up to the promise that everyone benefits from their association with Andersen. We are committed to making a difference through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing and rewarding success, taking pride in our work and honoring a legacy built on doing the right thing. There is great respect for life outside work so that you can bring your best self to work.
From your health care to your work environment, to your development and quality of life, we think beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package, including, but not limited to
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of benefits more broadly.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan contributions
- Professional development and tuition reimbursement opportunities
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Environmentally conscious business decisions
- 8,000+ employees and career opportunities nationwide
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or communications
- 1-3 years working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- 3-5 years working in digital marketing communications including experience building sequential email journey programs, stand-alone newsletters, and re-engagement communications
- Strong understanding of customer relationship management (CRM) software such as Salesforce
- Strong understanding of content management systems (CMS) such as Sitecore
- Strong understanding of digital marketing communications principles, including deliverability best practices, content marketing, subject line testing, user experience improvement, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple priorities and demands in order to achieve goals
- Proven ability to lead cross functional efforts and manage a variety of projects simultaneously
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- AMPscript and SQL knowledge preferred