Are you passionate about CRM and lifecycle marketing and working for a mission-driven organization? The Senior Email Marketing Manager role at Mixbook represents a fantastic opportunity to become part of a passionate, growing team working together to build a successful consumer tech business with a meaningful mission, collaborative and caring company culture, and inspiring values that we live out each and every day.
As the Senior Email Marketing Manager you will help define, develop and execute the CRM/email strategy to help acquire, nurture and retain customers. If you have extensive experience in email and lifecycle marketing, possess strong analytical capabilities, and are able to identify opportunities for continued growth and optimization along the customer journey then keep reading.
Although Mixbook is fully remote we would prefer this person be based in the San Francisco Bay area and available for in person meetings from time to time. However, we will consider candidates who are not local but who are able to work on PST.
What you’ll do
You will lead the transformation of Email Marketing for Mixbook, leveraging data-driven insights to execute highly personalized and relevant emails. You will lead the strategy and implementation to increase engagement across all email streams; including onboarding, transactional messages, drip campaigns, and re-engagement. You will help define how we segment the audience and how we communicate (what content we should include) to ensure the messages are delivered to the right person, at the right time, with the right content.
- Lead initiative to streamline customer email communications
- Plan and execute ongoing testing (layout, format, frequency, copy, etc.) to continuously improve email performance focused on user engagement driving towards our KPIs
- Develop weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting on email performance
- Leverage data to prioritize initiatives, including own automated dashboards to measure and report on campaign progress and effectiveness
- Monitor the marketplace to keep ahead on best practices, best-in-class vendor opportunities and strategies of our competitors and other leading marketers.
- Manage email data maintenance, briefing, review, code/build, QA and deployment processes
- Manage landing page development to improve email KPIs and conversion rates
- Lead day to day operations including providing support and mentorship for Email Marketing Specialist
What you'll need
- Minimum of 6 years email marketing experience within ecommerce company (preferred)
- Experience working with major ESP platforms (Iterable & Sendgrid preferred)
- Experience with other CRM tactics a plus (e.g. SMS, Push, Direct Mail, etc)
- Knowledge of, MovableInk, Sketch/Figma, Litmus or Sparkpost a plus
- Technical experience with writing/editing HTML and CSS
- Deep knowledge and thorough understanding of email and mobile marketing best practices
- Proven ability to translate analytic data into strategic insights that drive successful marketing programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines, in a busy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve. Excellent time management skills
- Prior B2C experience preferred
- Bachelor degree required
What You’ll Enjoy
- A competitive salary, equity, and perks
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO policy and flexible schedules
- Annual stipends for learning & development
- Fully-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options
At Mixbook, our mission is to empower people to be creative and connect deeply with the ones they love. We are an award-winning online photo product company that leverages a powerful and fun product experience to help people create and print beautifully crafted, unique, and truly personalized photo books, cards, calendars, and wall art.
Mixbook is #1 rated in photo books with nearly 23,000 verified 5-star reviews. Founded by two Inc 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs from UC Berkeley California, Mixbook has been featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America, TechCrunch, The Verge, Washington Post, New York Times, and many other global media outlets.
At Mixbook, we believe photos matter, and that each photo project tells a story of life's most precious and meaningful memories. Join us in helping our customers memorialize these joyous moments forever.
Empower people to be creative and connect deeply with the ones they love.