Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About The Role
This role will handle the day-to-day campaign build work as well as special/unique projects. As the Sr Developer, you will provide the knowledge and expertise to the team and make sure the process is being executed but also able to address issues as they come up.
This role will also act as the Team Lead for 2-3 Email Developers, ensuring that we build a best-in-class email marketing organization, valuing growth and mentorship.
What you'll do
- Under the direction of the Manager - Email Content & Production Solutions, serve as the point-of-contact for our Gap Inc. brand partners on highly dynamic email campaign build-outs
- Manage the growth of a team of Email developers, ensuring proper mentorship in the ways of training, troubleshooting, and pushing for opportunities to learn new things
- Work closely with team business partners to ensure on-time deliverables, including the communication of status, complications, developments and next steps
- Deliver production for all assigned email marketing campaigns, which includes slicing PSD files, converting to HTML, utilizing AMPScript to code content against data, QA’ing against customer profiles, and addressing change rounds and revisions
- Work closely in multiple platforms (Moveable Ink, SFMC, Coherent Path) to utilize all available tools, resources and information to ensure accuracy across all email builds, including cross platform, browser, device compatibility
- Receive assets from in-house brand Creative teams, but work independently on production aspects
- Utilize knowledge and research of current email best practices to make suggestions in regard to design, layout, messaging and deliverability
- Setup A/B testing content for emails
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in related field or equivalent education experience
- 4+ years hands-on email coding and production experience
- 2+ years experience with managing team members directly or indirectly
- Fluency in HTML/CSS - proficiency in responsive email design and must understand cross-browser and front-end development issues
- Experience with enterprise email technology (Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget, Responsys, BlueHornet, Silverpop, Strongmail, moveable Ink, Coherent Path, etc.) strongly preferred
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM and e-mail regulatory compliance
- Understanding of email design and delivery issues within various platforms
- Very high attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Ability to multitask complex projects independently
- Proven ability to meet deadlines with effectiveness, accuracy and efficiency
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.