Amazon Ads operates at the intersection of e-commerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon owned and operated sites and on other high quality sites across the web. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising product with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
As the Sr. Email Developer, you will be considered a design and technical leader for the team. You will partner with product, engineering, & channel marketing to make great customer experiences rather than just imagine them. You are knowledgeable about current UX design patterns, standards, and best practices (e.g., accessibility, consistency, hierarchy, typography, color, motion, etc.), and will choose the right creative processes to up-level existing experiences for our customers. To be successful, you’ll need to be a strong communicator who can earn trust with key stakeholders across multiple teams. You should be comfortable with ambiguity and are willing to work autonomously, handling multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Key job responsibilities
- Build solutions that creatively solve difficult channel marketing problems by applying the right technologies, UX patterns, and email best practices
- Influence mar-tech product strategy. Drive mindful discussions with product managers, other designers, engineers, and marketing stakeholders during design reviews
- Oversee the technical development, execution workflows, and troubleshooting of world-wide email templates across 14 counties and 17 supported languages
- Stay current with email delivery best practices to maximize inbox placement and responsiveness
- Track email best practices and global compliance regulations (CAN-SPAM, CASL), monitor industry trends, and make recommendations
- 6+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience building, executing and scaling cross-functional marketing programs
- Experience using data and metrics to measure impact and determine improvements
- Experience using Microsoft Excel to manipulate and analyze data
- Experience presenting metrics and progress to goal to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, web development, or equivalent professional experience required in both fields.
- 6+ years of professional experience as a visual designer with HTML/CSS development skillset or email developer with design skillset across desktop and mobile media required.
- Highly proficient in coding html emails, ability to write CSS, and trouble-shoot for mail client-specific limitations (Litmus, Email on Acid, code hacks for Outlook)
- Strong understanding of adaptive and responsive coding techniques within the email and web space
- Portfolio displaying executive-level design/development email executions.
- Knowledge of marketing fundamentals and the ability to apply them to create dynamic solutions in the email channel that are creative yet consistent.
- Experience in B2B, digital advertising and ad-tech products/services
- Experience working with MarTech product teams
- Experience with SQL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1851720