Lead and execute ongoing email communications based on needs of internal partners (including sales, product marketing, HR, events and executive leadership) and editorial calendar.
Develop and optimize integrated email strategy using a holistic approach, taking into account marketing department goals, customer needs and calendar cadence, etc.
Create and manage email content, including identifying needs, briefing, writing, collaborating with creative department to build assets, deploying, and optimizing.
Provide analysis and recommendations for optimization based on metrics.
Success will be measured by an increase in open rates, click rates and related metrics specific to email.
Essential Job Functions
Collaborate closely with colleagues across owned, earned, paid and social media, to ensure consistency in messaging across multiple platforms and to identify efficiencies for creation and distribution of content.
Work closely with internal partners to develop and refine messaging and email lists based on target audiences.
Stay abreast of changing email trends and strategies.
Minimum Education, Certification And Experience Requirements
- Education: degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Business or related field
- Experience: 5-7 years progressive experience in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing required
- 3-5 years of email marketing communications experience preferred
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of computer tools required
- Knowledge of market analysis tools required
- Knowledge of media databases and media monitoring tools
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in English required
- Ability to work and travel independently as required
- Strong working understanding of Mailchimp required
- Basic understanding of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram required
- Experience writing for B-to-B, B-to-C and internal audiences preferred
- Experience with Salesforce Pardot, Mailchimp, Stripo, Microsoft Outlook and Excel preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time-management skills; able to prioritize, multi-task and meet expected deadlines.
- Analytical problem solving, curiosity and a continuous improvement mindset
- Strong ability to collaborate with team members required
Some travel required (less than 10%). Occasional evening and weekend work is probable