The Targeted Marketing Specialist (Email) reports into the Targeted Marketing Manager and will be a key contributor to building a digital-first and purpose driven brand. This individual is an analytical thinker who will partner with internal teams and external vendors to ensure the development and accurate execution of email content from end-to-end. They will support the Targeted Marketing Manager to ensure email and SMS programs are well-planned, properly briefed and exceptionally executed. They will strive to increase profitability through collaborative and measured use of integrated, multi-channel digital marketing practices and tools. They will track key metrics on an ongoing basis, derive insights from results and share recommendations with the broader digital and marketing teams. They will serve as an advocate for email and SMS marketing best practices for Hudson’s Bay internally. This individual will have a strong focus on personalization, automation and segmentation.
Who You Are:
- You learn systems, processes, and procedures quickly.
- You are resourceful and hold strong problem-solving capabilities.
- You possess a positive, solution-oriented and customer-focused attitude.
- You handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight timelines while ensuring accuracy.
- You are highly organized and detail-oriented and can prioritize and multitask.
You Also Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience, including experience in email marketing and/or digital marketing at a retailer, tech company or agency
- In-depth understanding of key performance metrics and the ability to recognize how they might impact the business
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficient in Excel (including creating pivot tables/advanced formulas) Word, PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal skills; ability to build cross-channel relationships and influence key business partners with a respectful, can-do attitude
- Strong analytical and thought leadership skills
- Hyper aware of email marketing trends, best practices technologies
- Hands-on experience working with ESP and analytical tools (Adobe Analytics preferred)
As The Targeted Marketing Specialist - Email, You Will:
- Provide ideas and develop implementation plans for new program initiatives with a focus on trigger campaigns and a personalized customer relationship
- Support the Targeted Marketing Manager in developing monthly and weekly email strategies to improve channel performance and optimize performance
- Collaborate with Targeted Marketing Specialists to develop and execute test plans for key channel components such as subject lines, timing, creative, segmentation, frequency, and more
- Represent the email marketing position among cross-functional partnerships, presenting recommendations for program enhancements and new initiatives in order to meet goals
- Develop customer segmentation strategies across marketing retention channels to determine the targeted audience for each message
- Align with eCommerce team on email linking strategy to track inventory and provide a best-in-class customer journey
- Support the development of omni-channel initiatives, including promotional campaigns, social integration, and drive-to-store efforts
- Deliver weekly reporting on performance metrics, analyzing results and identifying enhancement opportunities
- Work closely with internal CRM team and vendors to ensure technical aspects of emails are functioning, including link tracking, customer subscription inquiries and acquisition feed lists
- Measure campaign performance through KPIs and provide recommendations for direct mail circulation and email/mobile targeting
- Create and implement A/B tests for direct mail, email, and mobile channels. Analyze findings and apply learnings for future campaigns
- Analyze data, present findings to upper management and make strategic recommendations for future marketing campaigns and initiatives to help optimize campaign performance and ROI.
- Build and maintain weekly, quarterly, annual and campaign reports and dashboards.
- Work with the Targeted Marketing Manager to analyze channel and customer data in order to draw insights and make recommendations for driving business results through campaign optimization.
- Drive personalization and automation for email. Identify ways to optimize and streamline the current email program process as it relates to this
About Hudson’s Bay
Hudson’s Bay is a digital-first purpose-driven retailer helping Canadians live their best style of life. As one of the country’s most iconic brands, Hudson’s Bay operates 88 full-line locations and thebay.com featuring Marketplace - the 5th largest e-commerce business in Canada. Hudson’s Bay has established a reputation for quality and style through an unrivalled assortment including fashion, designer, home, beauty, food concepts and more.
The Hudson’s Bay Rewards program is ranked second in department store loyalty programs in Canada.
Hudson’s Bay operates under the HBC brand portfolio. Founded in 1670, HBC is North America’s oldest company. The signature stripes are a registered trademark of HBC.