At Hawaiian Airlines, we are all about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our home and the communities we serve. Join our ‘ohana and be a part of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama‘āina and introducing our islands to the world!
Specialist, Direct and Email Marketing is responsible for ensuring the successful execution of the company’s direct and email marketing programs that directly impacts how we deliver our superior guest experience. This is a highly collaborative role that interfaces with many internal departments and external partners. The ideal candidate for this role must be organized, creative, have excellent written and analytical skills, and be adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Design, manage and optimize automated and ad hoc email programs
- Lead strategy and execution of promotional, triggered, and transactional emails according to MarCom Calendar
- Partner with and guide email coordinators on execution and deployment of emails through an email service provider
- Develop, manage, and grow audience list and segments in an email service provider
- Work with web management team and internal IT resources to implement technical requirements for automated and ad hoc programs and to ensure a seamless integration of digital customer experiences
- Generate creative briefs and email wireframes for internal and external creative teams
- Work with marketing analytics to track and generate regular email marketing performance reports
- Conduct extensive A/B testing plans including audience segmentation, creative layout, messaging, subject lines, to develop best practices for ongoing program optimization; ensure knowledge from such testing is transferred to others within the organization
- Lead internal and external email planning meetings
- Manage the direct mail program including budgetting, setting goals, and coordination with internal and external stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least two years of experience in email marketing at a mid to large consumer company or agency
- Experience with campaign management and the steps required to deploy an email campaign, start to finish
- Evidence of a technical understanding of email marketing systems, governing laws and regulations, and industry best practices
- Superior written and visual communication skills
- Excellent time-management, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Experience at a mid to large consumer brand company, agency, or ISP/ESP
- Experience using web content or email marketing management platforms
- Experience with campaign management, including segmentation, development of house files, campaign creative asset development, testing, statistical significance testing, reporting and analysis
- Knowledge of SMTP protocol, DNS, ISP/domain-specific delivery policies, and handling rules
- Strong understanding of relational database management practices
- Strong understanding of web user experience and web analytics
- Basic proficiency in HTML
- Basic proficiency in SQL and other database management and query languages
- Proficency in English is required, but the additional ability to speak and/or read Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin), Korean, or Hawaiian is desired
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian ® has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 16 years (2004-2019) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler , Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawai‘i.
Now in its 91st year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawai‘i's biggest and longest-serving airline. In 2019, Hawaiian offered nonstop flights between Hawai‘i and more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline, along with service connecting the islands with Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa and Tahiti. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Hawaiian is offering an adjusted schedule of daily flights within the Hawaiian Islands, and between Hawai‘i and the U.S. mainland as well as Japan.