ClubLabs is the digital acceleration team for Automobile Club of Southern California, also known as, AAA. We are the team responsible for building intuitive customer experiences across the organizations insurance, membership, financial, emergency roadside, and travel services. We’re a team of engineers, designers, researchers and product managers within AAA delivering maximum value to our members and business for a smarter future.
The product development team is a key part of ClubLabs. We are responsible for delivering prioritized stories that look to maximize value for our members and our business through our digital products. We pair program, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice test driven development because it produces high-quality, reliable and more maintainable code. We deliver user value, solve problems and ship code multiple times a day to improve our members’ experience and maximize value to the organization.
The Solution Architect, Email combines email development and technical programming skills to help deliver the strongest email campaign solutions. The successful candidate needs to be a business analyst, digital technology lead, and possesses the ability to understand big data.
The role is responsible for the overall technological direction and implementation of automated campaigns in the Salesforce Marketing Suite. This position will work directly with the email team to deliver high-quality scalable technical solutions including building automations in Automation Studio for email, SMS, and Push.
Candidates will need to demonstrate a high level of technical design experience (implementation experience with Automation Studio/Journey Builder/Mobile Studio including MobileConnect and MobilePush is required), be highly motivated about learning new products and technologies, and be able to report back the success and/or modifications needed to build automated campaigns.
- Responsible for gathering business and technical requirements to craft comprehensive and scalable solutions
- Understand database structures and align email technical requirements to match those to the designed outcome of the automated or triggered campaign
- Ensure alignment of business requirements with the goals, standards, operations, policies, and procedures
- Document various processes/automations and work with digital, database, and IS teams to ensure quality delivery of data
Automation Studio / Programs
- Architect the data feeds, platform configuration, and components needed to run complex automated email campaigns
- Manage API triggers based on feeds from database and/or systems outside of the SFMC network ensuring secure transmission of data and successful delivery of triggered email campaigns
- Act as consultant and technical expert on utilizing the SFMC platform and API
- Assist in diagnosing manual data extension file uploads and act as a resource for data-related issues
- Proactively identify and resolve problems including Information Systems data feed issues
- Stay up-to-date on industry technology innovations and third-party technology solutions
- Thorough knowledge of project planning, development, and delivery best practices
- Quickly assess new projects to identify level of effort and resources needed
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to conceptualize and communicate highly detailed technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
Solid Understanding Of
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC)
- CRM and Database marketing solutions
- Relational database concepts
- Data mapping and extract strategies
- Solution design and architecture
- Scripting and query development
- Web/email development
- Email Reporting and Web analytics
- Web Services and API development
- Preferred knowledge of the SFMC Scripting language AMP scripting, SFMC Automation Studio, Journey Builder, Mobile Connect, and ET SQL solution
- Building large-scale migration efforts
- 5+ years experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- 3+ years experience in SFMC Automation Studio/Mobile Connect and Journey Builder
- Working knowledge of physical database platform technology
- Ability to write and run SQL queries in SFMC
- Understanding of how data flows work and file delivery
- Ability to modify and possibly build APIs
- Ability to manipulate data based on the needs of the automation process
- Ability to articulate and speak intelligently about how SFMC integrates with outside systems/servers
The Automobile Club of Southern California is part of the largest federation of AAA clubs in the nation. We have over 15,000 employees in 21 states helping over 16 million members. With our national brand recognition, long-standing reputation since 1902, and constantly growing membership, we are seeking career-minded, service-driven professionals to join our team.