Founded in 2009 as a simple file-sharing service, WeTransfer has grown into a set of tools designed around the creative process. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform where 50 million people send one billion files every month, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists.
The work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
What you’ll be doing
You would join one of our newest teams: our Email team. At the moment the team consists of a mix data engineers and scientist, full stack engineers and email experts. In the long run this team will be responsible for every email we send to our customers. But we are not there yet and that is where you come in. We need your experience setting up our email systems to send the right email at the right time to the right person.
This is a rare opportunity to work on a (almost) greenfield system at scale. Because we do send a lot of emails. So if you are a builder, have experience building high volume systems and are eager for a challenge we should talk.
- Design and build our marketing, behavioral and transactional email system.
- Do so in a scalable and cost-efficient way.
- Integrate with 3rd parties and internal services.
- Deploy, monitor and operate our email infrastructure.
A note on remote work
COVID forced us to be more remote. We are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication and are now ready to take it to the next level. There is no need to be in Amsterdam for this role. We are happy to work with anyone who is up to 3 hours ahead or behind Amsterdam time. We would expect you to come to Amsterdam up to 6 times a year.
- 5+ years of engineering experience.
- You have built APIs before.
- Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to articulate your ideas effectively. Proficiency in the English language is required.
- Self-directed, analytical, highly-responsible and work well in a team environment
Nice to have
- Have experience with building email tools.
- Have broad technical and creative interests (we'd love to see any side projects you did)
- Are passionate about tech and its adoption
- Have experience with AWS, Terraform and Kubernetes.