We are looking for a lifecycle marketing focused SMB (Small and Medium Business) Email Marketing Manager to join our Advertising Business Marketing team. The SMB Email Marketing Manager will focus on converting, retaining and growing our SMB advertiser base worldwide. They will be building the email strategy and vision – in partnership with the content, design and product teams – to deliver tangible business growth for the Advertising Business. Candidates should have experience building large-scale email marketing strategies, managing global email marketing systems, analysing performance and adjusting approaches accordingly, and working cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders. This position reports to the Senior CRM Manager.
What You'll Do
- Own the development of Spotify Advertising lifecycle marketing emails from initial concept development through asset delivery and execution
- Create data-driven email campaigns aimed at growing and retaining SMB customers, as well as improving the LTV and monthly average ad spend
- Develop and manage an E2E email customer journey, including concept development, content planning, audience segmentation and targeting, set-up, deployment, reporting and ongoing testing and optimization
- Identify, define, and build our approach to audience segmentation
- Collaborate cross functionally with Content, Design, Product Marketing and Ad Studio Product to support initiatives across Spotify Advertising.
- Leverage data-driven insights to inform and optimize the content, cadence and targeting strategies of automated emails.
- Establish email marketing best practices across the Spotify Advertising business.
- Develop reporting and analysis of email marketing performance to be shared with the immediate SMB and ABM team.
- Manage a marketing associate and help them develop their skills and career growth path
- Own quarterly meetings with the creative team to share insights on best and worst performing assets.
- Visualize our email program’s performance and business impact across the business and advertising team.
Who You Are
- BA or BS degree; MBA or quantitative degree a plus
- 5+ years of experience in email marketing
- You are an expert in the email channel and have the technical creativity to develop strategic solutions to complex business problems
- You have a deep understanding and love of analytics and data, resulting in actionable data-driven marketing campaigns
- You have experience with an ESP such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Pardot
- Relevant experience in creating and scaling end-to-end email/CRM campaigns across customer lifecycle stages
- Demonstrated analytical ability to leverage data to inform insights, formulate recommendations and deliver actionable solutions
- Deep experimentation experience and mindset with a proven track record of executing A/B tests, optimizing campaigns and translating data into insights
- You have an eye for detail, ensuring accuracy of all copy, links, and template designs in various inbox environments
- You love data and have experience with data analysis tools such as Tableau, Google Analytics, and Microsoft Excel
- You understand the requirements for CAN-SPAM compliance as well as the nuances of email compliance in various international regulatory environments (e.g. GDPR, CASL)
- You believe in the power of digital marketing and are passionate about the ability of CRM and digital engagement to create lasting customer relationships with small and medium sized businesses
- You have experience managing people and know how to inspire and motivate people toward a common goal
- You are highly collaborative and have experience engaging with teams cross-functionally
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Where You'll Be
- Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19.
- Post COVID, while we will ask you to pop into the office from time to time, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- This position will be based in New York.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.