World Pantry is a rapidly growing San Francisco Bay Area based eCommerce company partnering with leading food companies to handle their direct-to-consumer eCommerce businesses where we build and manage their official eCommerce webstores. We currently manage over 50 webstores including: Tootsie Roll Industries, Torani Syrups & Sauces, Atkins, Celestial Seasonings Tea, and many others.
Founded in 1998, the business has had significant growth each year. We have achieved this growth by delivering outstanding service to our customers and partners and by creating and developing a great team of talented people.
We are looking to expand our team of smart, talented people to support our growth. This is a great opportunity to join a fun, rapidly growing company where you can make a great contribution while contributing to help build a lasting company. We are an open book management company and the ideal candidate will help contribute to our positive team culture and share our values: outstanding service; respect; embrace learning, growth and change; personal responsibility and accountability; and work hard and have fun. To this end we are conducting a national search for this position, and the successful candidate will be working remotely initially and may transition to in person, depending on location.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Marketing & Analytics in the Center of Excellence, the Senior Retention Marketing Manager will be a key strategic thought leader and people manager. In this newly created role, the Senior Retention Marketing Manager will partner with internal cross functional colleagues to go deeper on understanding our customer needs and insights with a specific focus on deepening retention and building loyalty. You will start by owning the Email channel from a strategic perspective, managing our ESP(s) as the day-to-day admin and manage a small team of email producers. The vision for this role is to expand beyond email to think about and improve our relevancy at other touchpoints such as SMS, website and other loyalty programming.
We are looking for candidates that love getting down and dirty in understanding the power of the data to drive customer retention, have a track record of contributing to business growth and has a Zen-like ability to balance competing demands while staying focused and organized. If you have a passion for eCommerce, positive and proactive attitude and looking to grow and stretch in your next role, we’d love to talk with you!
The Retention marketing manager is accountable for: 1) Strategic support and development of Email campaigns across all brands, 2) Managing WorldPantry SFMC (Salesforce Marketing Cloud) as admin, Klaviyo admin and data hygiene management, 3) Email production, 4) Develop omni-channel channel
- Strategic support and development of Email campaigns
- Drive repeat orders and revenue through email channel
- Own retention KPIs, including but not limited to: one-time vs. repeat purchase, email open rates, click through rates, conversion rates, Average Order Value, Lifetime Value
- Partner with Analytics and other internal teams to get insights and ongoing reports needed to drive performance
- Understand the metrics for retention marketing channels contributing to a plan and understand when plans are under-performing; lead teams in identifying areas of weakness in the plans in order to course correct
- Collaborate with account teams to build out email programs across the portfolio of World Pantry brands, when to use different data models, how to test, measure, and scale
- Drive cross-functional alignment on your strategic plans. This includes account teams, Analytics, Creative, Marketing Operations, Purchasing, etc.
- Strategic development of lifecycle automations to drive repeat purchase, win-back, abandon cart, subscription, across the portfolio.
- Unify and build best practices for account teams to action around content development, promotional code usage, etc building our email tool kit and knowledge
- Test new channels like SMS, loyalty programs, and other
- Lean in on efforts underway to build a learning culture driven by data insights, best practices and measurement
- Contribute input for broader company strategic plans
- Own channel budgets and proactively manage send and data usage
- Be comfortable in a player coach role where you flex between rolling up sleeves do it yourself vs. teaching and building tools for others
(2) SFMC admin, Klaviyo admin and data hygiene
- Administrator for Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Klaviyo Email Service Providers, managing up-time and technical troubleshooting as they arise
- Drive onboarding of new internal marketing hires
- Manage technical set or maintenance with internal stakeholders, especially around new Shopify store launches
- Manage any data migrations
- Own list cleaning process with 3rd party vendor
- Own inbox deliverability, white listing and all aspects of email channel health checks
(3) Email production
- Develop credibility in the email channel with key internal and where needed, external partners
- Oversee integrated email campaign execution. This includes:
- Supervise 2-3 email producers and all workflows
- Manage email channel workflows which include account teams, Center of Excellence, external producers and Creative
- Review and optimize workflow processes
- Run weekly team meetings
- QA work and process for high-quality, error-free work
- Deliver 100% on planned email sends and revenue
- Provide thorough reporting on the results of the marketing plans to ensure transparency and enable action
(4) Develop omni-channel strategy
- Build business case by gathering insights and data to build our customer engagement capabilities beyond email
- Work with Head of Center of Excellence to prioritize, investigate vendors, build proformas with scaling scenarios
- Persuade and influence internal stakeholders to secure budgets, timing and man hour resources
- Drive technical discussions and requirements
- Build Proof of Concept plans and execute ideas
QUALITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
The following candidate with have the following attributes and skills
- Ambitious spirit - with an ability to seek out and act upon new opportunities and self-improvement
- Customer-focused – are excited to learn about our target customer and the journey they take from awareness to purchase
- Strong communicator – have an awareness of how you communicate is just as important as the message you deliver. Work to persuade by building trust and relationships.
- Strong collaborator - ability to distill feedback and points of view from partners and prioritize accordingly
- Data fanatic - the ability to digest large amounts of data, identify trends and pursue the right questions to take action
- Be a change agent - guiding teams forward in a constantly evolving environment
- Flexibility - navigate a matrixed organization and represent team with professionalism and self-sufficiency
- B.A./B.S. required
- 7+ years of retention marketing work experience in either a corporate and/or agency setting
- Email production experience, either managing resources or hands-on experience
- Prior experience in eCommerce is required
- Excellent knowledge and experience in customer retention with proven track record
Desired experience, includes:
- Past role as Email Service Provider admin
- Experience with SMS channel – channel management, content, or strategy
- Managed a remote team
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Within their first 12months, the Senior Retention Marketing Manager will have accomplished the following:
- Be recognized and looked up to as a leader in the organization and a go-to for retention strategy
- Made significant steps towards improving our promotional email calendar strategy and execution, across the WP portfolio
- Took ownership of SFMC and Klaviyo contracts, reviewing our terms and learning in to build vendor relationships
- Trained account teams on how to build automations in both SFMC and Klaviyo so they can work more independently
- Brought focus to the most important customer retention KPIs through dashboard development and education
- Contributed to measurable impact to business results
- Consistently delivered on team’s tasks, on time and with clear communication to stakeholders along the way
- Demonstrated ability to lead and be a change agent at WorldPantry
- Influenced and contribute to shaping marketing tech stack for today and in the future
Please submit resume, cover letter and desired salary for consideration.