With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. We’re building an outstanding product marketing organization to help shape and scale Discord to diverse communities around the world.
At the heart of those communities are the admins, moderators, and creators who build and manage them. These are among our most influential and impactful groups of users and as we build more powerful products for them we also need to build and improve our ability to communicate and engage with them.
We are looking for a Sr. Product Marketing Manager to join our team and help define our lifecycle marketing strategy moving forward. You will be responsible for creating a deep understanding of the admin, moderator, and creator journey through our products and work with stakeholders across marketing, product, and engineering to scope communication strategy, processes, and automation. You will get to build the strategy from the ground up, but will also need to manage and run parts of the process.
You will report to the Head of Creator & Community Product Marketing.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Define the community admin journey: Develop a deep understanding our how our different admin groups interact with our product and drive next best actions through targeted communications
- Scope marketing tech initiatives and partnerships: Help us determine what platforms we need to use externally (HubSpot, MailChimp, SendGrid, etc) as well as potential internal tooling we may need to build.
- Experiment and understand performance: Build, test and optimize lifecycle marketing strategies working closely with data analytics to establish the right reporting dashboards and define success.
- Work cross functionally to drive alignment: Work with other marketing, partnership, and product teams to ensure we can leverage other initiatives or help them scale our own processes.
What You Should Have
- 6+ years of experience building out lifecycle marketing strategies
- Expertise in using data and metrics to measure impact and make optimizations
- Creative and empathetic thinker who excels in understanding user experience to craft compelling communication strategies
- Ability to expertly guide cross-functional teams towards decision and execution
- Experience working with online communities (as a member or leader)
- Experience working with agency partners
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $175,000/year + equity and benefits
- Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $157,500/year + equity and benefits
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Generous stipends for headphones, your remote work setup, and lunch on a daily basis (while we’re all remote)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world.
So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!