Houzz is the leading home renovation and design platform in the world. We have a highly engaged community of over 40 million homeowners who leverage our technologies to find inspiration for their next home project, connect with over 2.5 million home design and remodeling professionals and discover products in the Houzz Shop.
About The Role
We would love for you to own and redevelop our consumer lifecycle marketing strategy in order to drive some of our key KPIs - WAU, Revenue, and Homeowner Leads. You will ultimately increase LTV through owned channels such as email, push notifications, and in-app notifications to our global audience of 20M users. You will work with a small cross functional team composed of a data scientist, a creative designer and a copywriter. In addition, you will also work very closely with product, engineering, editorial, and PR counterparts. You should have proven success and experience leading others, driving decisions through data, building omni-channel personalized experiences, and increasing user LTV. Additionally, you will know how to work on B2C lifecycle management tools and understand how it works with a CDP.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is excited about redefining an existing structure and building something up practically from scratch.
Our #1 priority for our return to work plan is to ensure the health and safety of our Houzzers. Due to worsening cases specifically in the areas and the cities in which we operate, all of our U.S. offices are planned to remain closed through the end of 2020. It is our plan to return to our in-office model once a safe return is feasible. This is NOT a permanent remote/at home position.
What You’ll Do
- Drive and define the consumer retention / lifecycle marketing strategy and drive up user LTV for Houzz
- Be very hands on with the process. It is a small and nimble team to start with
- Develop and test new campaigns
- Use data to monitor the performance of customization programs and identify areas for improvement
- Communicate the effectiveness of the program to multiple stakeholders across the consumer organization. We have a complex and cross functional consumer team and understanding how each of those parts affects the business is key
- Lead and work alongside your team as you develop email, push, and in-app marketing strategies with our product teams across consumer experience, ecommerce, and homeowner leads
- Work closely with engineers across data integration, machine learning, and program management to ensure effective information exchange between the CDP and the Lifecycle engine
- Be an authority on personalization and customization; utilizing a deep understanding of of our user’s mindset and behaviors
At a Minimum, We’d Like You to Have
- Data driven and very comfortable with numbers
- Extensive experience developing lifecycle programs; comfortable with segmentation, automation strategy, marketing using digital channels (email, in-app, push)
- Can speak to the various components of the user lifecycle and be able to address each stage effectively
- Strong experience working directly with a martech stack including an enterprise-grade B2C ESP (Iterable, Braze, Responsys, etc.), a CDP and other stack components
- Understands and can drive the development of creatives, tagging, reporting, and launching campaigns
- A few years having led and built out teams
- Cross-functional team experience and proven ability to work cross-functionally to execute a vision through consensus building, negotiation, and data-driven persuasion
- Creative thinking and ability to test out-of-the-box solutions
- Scrappy ability to get stuff done, roll up your sleeves, and tackle something hands-on
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with analytics dashboards
- Light HTML experience required
Ideally, You'll Also Have
- Taken a Reforge class on Retention
Benefits And Perks
Flexible paid time off
Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
Maternity/paternity leave program
Employee assistance program
401k retirement savings plan
Flexible spending accounts
Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.