Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper’s BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we’re more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels—print, digital, video, and social—with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
The Senior Manager of Email Marketing for Hearst Magazines will own and manage all commerce emails aimed at selling products for top publishing brands including Bicycling, Car and Driver, Country Living, Cosmopolitan, Delish, Elle, Elle Décor, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper’s Bazaar, House Beautiful, Marie Claire, Prevention, Popular Mechanics, Road & Track, Town & Country, Veranda, Woman’s Day, Men’s Health, Women’s Health and Runner’s World. They will report into the Director of Email Marketing and will have one direct report. They will be responsible for advancing our email marketing promotions to increase sales for branded product, books, and newly launched eCommerce shops. Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio of work.
What you’ll do:
- Own, manage and develop retail and commerce email marketing campaigns across a variety of brands to achieve KPIs
- Ensure perfect execution of daily emails including planning, setup, targeting, QA, and analysis
- Oversee the strategy and improve performance of multi-million-dollar business including:
- 100s of Products in eCommerce Shops
- Amazon Lightening Deals & Special Promotions
- Licensed books
- Collaborate with merchandising teams to create timely and relevant Shop promotions
- Develop and execute a triggered, lifecycle-based email strategy for branded Shops
- Continue to evolve marketing campaigns, implement best practices, and ensure brand alignment analyzing all email campaigns through an audience lens
- Advance email capabilities including targeting, segmentation personalization, and template development with the goal of improving performance and efficiency
- Partner with internal teams including Membership, Product and Edit on new strategic initiatives
- Closely track performance and KPIs to inform and communicate insights, trends & opportunities
- Innovate, providing creative ideas that are data-informed to increase ROI of marketing sends
Who you are:
- BA/BS from accredited college or university
- A minimum of 4 years of applicable retail email and or direct marketing email experience
- Deep understanding of e-mail best practices, deliverability, testing strategies, segmentation, and legalities (CAN-SPAM, CCPA, GDPR)
- Hands-on experience with an ESP (Cheetahmail or Sailthru preferred)
- Excellent analytical skills to develop actionable strategies
- Google Analytics or related Web analytics experience
- Previous managerial experience with at least 1-direct report
- Experience managing budgets
- Hands-on, team player who is both proactive and solution-oriented
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in HTML
- Detailed knowledge of MS office suite
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.