theSkimm marketing team is a group of fast-moving, data-driven, and creative thinkers who nurture and grow theSkimm brand and community while driving membership and engagement across all platforms. The Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing role will drive audience engagement and retention through our owned channels.
The Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing will report to the Vice President, Growth Marketing. We’re looking for an exceptional lifecycle marketer with a track record of driving consumer engagement, retention, and loyalty. You will be responsible for driving consumer messaging and campaign engagement, leveraging organic channels to activate and retain Members. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and an innovative problem-solver who is excited about by the opportunity to help define tactics to increase audience value at theSkimm.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Understand and iterate on theSkimm user journey across our owned platforms, ideating on how we deepen our relationship with our audience to both increase overall engagement and retention.
- Own, devise and execute segmentation and automation strategies for The Daily Skimm newsletter audience to drive growth and engagement across verticals and brand initiatives.
- Conceptualize and execute audience engagement strategies to amplify our broader campaigns in close collaboration with Brand, Advertising, and Content teams.
- Lead and own marketing assets and consumer messaging across our site and other owned platforms.
- Working closely with VP, Growth Marketing - further develop key audience engagement metrics in partnership with insights and product teams. Own these key audience engagement metrics and report on them regularly.
- Partnering with Performance Marketing Manager, provide a feedback loop on the value and quality of new audiences and follow-up retention tactics.
- Ideate on and execute new levers and programs to drive deeper loyalty of high-value audiences.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 5+ years of full-time digital marketing experience with a focus on email marketing, CRM, retention, and/or loyalty at digital media or DTC brands
- Strong project management skills with experience executing cross-channel marketing campaigns
- Robust experience with email service providers and expert knowledge of email best practices and segmentation strategies
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Analytics, Looker, and other analytics and measurement platforms.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify trends and provide action-oriented insights
- Ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally, specifically with performance, data, product, and design teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain and translate concepts into intuitive and friendly communications
- Passion for theSkimm's brand and products
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.