The lifecycle marketing team is a data-led, creative thinking and results-driven team who oversees all one-to-one communications with our discovery+ subscribers. The Senior Manager, Lifecycle Marketing, will lead our discovery+ engagement strategy to maximize subscriber lifetime value. You will oversee complex automated and personalized journeys across email, push, and in app messaging. This role will partner closely with Subscriber Retention, Product Marketing, Product & Engineering, Analytics and Design.
- Define, gather, and organize requirements for developing automated lifecycle journey messaging based on subscriber tenure, engagement levels, and content preferences
- Lead cross-functional workstreams with Design, Copy, Marketing, Product, Analytics and Retention teams to plan & optimize engagement campaign strategy
- Oversee engagement calendar for multiple regions; adjusting schedules and messaging strategy based on content rollout and customer preferences based on territory
- Leverage data and predictive modeling to scale campaign personalization and automation
- Develop an “always-on” testing framework for optimization to ensure positive impact on KPIs across email, push, and in app messages
- Diligently QA all campaigns before deploying, as well as actively QA and monitor all incoming data feeds to ensure campaigns are powered by clean data
- Communicate wins and learnings across the organization. Message effectively with executives with quantifiable results of customer marketing campaigns, and return on effort
- Manage 2 direct reports
- 6+ years of experience in a digital or CRM/lifecycle marketing role with direct ESP experience
- Proficient knowledge of HTML, CSS with the ability to manipulate and troubleshoot templates
- Experience with mobile-first and responsive HTML templates
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Meticulous attention to detail & strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery requires vaccination for employment consideration, except where prohibited by law. Discovery will consider requests for exemption from this requirement upon an offer of employment. Employees with approved exemptions due to health or religious reasons must abide by weekly rigorous COVID-19 testing protocols.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.