Alnylam (Nasdaq: ALNY) is delivering on a bold vision to turn scientific possibility into reality, with a robust RNA interference (RNAi) therapeutics platform. As the pioneer in RNAi and the leading RNAi therapeutics company, we have always been uncompromisingly dedicated to translating the breakthrough science into transformational medicines to help as many people as possible. Long focused on rare and genetic diseases, our scientific advances are now allowing us to bring the power of RNAi therapeutics to more prevalent diseases and as a result, we are beginning to recognize the full potential of this new class of medicines.
Alnylam is committed to its journey to become a top 5 independent, global biopharma company. We are already admired and recognized for our dedication to patients, company culture that empowers people to do their best work, track record of scientific innovation, social responsibility, and commercial excellence.
Founded in 2002, and headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Alnylam has over 1,650 employees at work across the globe. We are seeking smart, passionate, “change the world” kind of people who are ready to say, “challenge accepted” to our mission. Thanks to the commitment of every employee globally, Alnylam is proud to have been recognized as one of Fast Company’s 2021 Best Workplaces for Innovators, a Science Magazine Top Employer three years in a row (2019-2021), a Boston Globe Top Places to Work seven years in a row (2015-2021), a Great Place to Work in Asia, Japan, Brazil, the U.K., Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Italy, France and Switzerland, Seramount’s 100 Best Companies (formerly Working Mother 100 Best Companies) and Best Companies for Dads, Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index two years in a row (2021-2022), among others. At Alnylam, we are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment, culture, and workforce, and we support several Employee Resource Networks.
Do you have a deep understanding of email-marketing, including strategy, email-list management, testing and deliverability? Do you take great pride in your work and have a meticulous attention to detail? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you hyper-organized, driven with outstanding written and verbal communication skills? Then, we want you to be part of this team.
This position will report to the Senior Director, Global Digital Engagement and is based in Cambridge, MA.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Conceptualize, develop, implement, and manage full-scale email programs in a small team setting
- Optimize & build new email campaigns, related creative & landing pages, newsletters, promotional emails
- Conduct regular email-marketing assessments & audits to improve performance, data integrity and final deliverability analysis.
- Develop and execute A/B and multivariate test plans to drive outstanding results and then iterate ROI and user acquisition.
- Drive the creation of email campaign elements, including copy, design, coding, and reporting.
- Manage internal client relationships, our Salesforce Marketing Cloud instance and be a central point of execution for all things email.
- Leverage data vendors and others to enhance our CRM and drive precision, targeting and personalization.
- Understanding of email marketing and CRM needs and limitations in regulated industries.
- Work in partnership with US and International colleagues to develop optimized email strategy
- Facilitate and support best practice sharing while continuing to drive re-use of marketing assets to meet market needs.
- Support and contribute standards of measurement across markets and channels through analytics, social listening, engagement metrics and more.
- Promote cross sharing of email marketing and CRM best practices across brands and channels through our Global Digital Engagement Team.
- Be a champion for using digital engagement to effectively connect with patients, HCPs and others.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant digital experience with a comprehensive understanding and passion for the latest developments in digital marketing and CRM is required.
- 1+ years’ experience in Email Marketing with hands-on use of Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Experience with A/B testing.
- Experience with customer segmentation and personalization.
- Strong grasp of business KPIs.
- Comprehensive understanding of digital ecosystems and how desktop, mobile, social, search and other online and offline channels work together in a consumer’s journey is a must.
- Ability to mine data for understanding and insight is required.
- Ability to help set a vision, develop robust action plans for a brand, overcome obstacles and find solutions to problems in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience /exposure managing vendor partnerships is required.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize work and balance priorities with the ability to consistently achieve positive results is required.
- Biopharmaceutical product marketing experience a plus.
- If employed in the U.S., being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is required
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.