Senior Manager - Email Marketing
Remote, Across Canada
Type of contract:
Permanent Full Time
$69,384 - $101,184
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Senior Manager - Email Marketing to join our team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We are looking for a Senior Manager - Email Marketing will work with Associate Director of Digital Marketing, the Senior Manager of Email Marketing is responsible for leading the email program for CRC. The email program is centralized across the Enterprise and this role is ultimately accountable for the performance of the program from both technical and functional perspectives as well as ensuring best-in-class service internally to meet all objectives as they relate to deploying mass communication to external audiences. The role is required to provide the technical expertise to manage the email marketing infrastructure, deliverability of emails to inboxes, sender reputation and hygiene. The Senior Manager of Email Marketing will lead a team of Email Advisors to accomplish these goals.
As a Senior Manager - Email Marketing You Will:
Direct and manage the Email Marketing program for Digital Marketing, delivering revenue and engagement KPIs
- Create the strategy for the core email program in Digital Marketing, developing a comprehensive email marketing plan for triggered emails, fundraising, utility, and engagement campaigns, working closely with internal colleagues on planning and execution.
- Develop email campaign processes end-to-end including email program strategy, content and creative direction, campaign execution and reporting.
- Manage our database of email addresses within the Email Service Provider (ESP) and manage all lists to keep them up to date and compliant.
- Works with internal colleagues to ensure the data process runs smoothly between the CRM for Philanthropy and our ESP, including all vital information such as email permissions and marketing data is available for use
Lead the Email Marketing program and service catalogue for all other CRC divisions. Act as an internal Centre of Excellence to ensure timely and professional support for their email needs
- Provide strategic and tactical recommendations for all teams outside of Marketing & Philanthropy that require email marketing services.
- Educate senior leaders across CRC Divisions so they understand the nuances of email marketing and work within those requirements.
- Resource the team accordingly so we can manage the constant flow of email marketing requests and can execute them according to our SLA.
Manage and direct the technical and legal elements of email marketing to ensure compliance with ESP and ISP best practice and maximize the hygiene and health of our email marketing infrastructure
- Ensure the email program is fully compliant of all privacy legislation, such as CASL.
- Develop recommendations for enterprise-wide email governance processes and protocols for external list mass communication through both Outlook and our Email Service Provider, including list hygiene, list size, deployment standards and contact permissions.
- Develop proactive risk mitigation strategies to protect the CRC email deliverability and overall technical hygiene of our email infrastructure.
What We Are Looking For
- The minimum qualifications for this job are a university degree in marketing, communications, business administration or a related field plus a minimum of 8 years’ experience directly managing a multi-faceted and complex email/digital marketing program.
- Hands-on experience and proven track record managing all aspects of email campaigns and delivery through a major Email Service Provider.
- Thorough knowledge of email best practices around deliverability, opt-ins, CASL and list management.
- Outstanding analytical skills - solid understanding of all metrics typically utilized in assessing the performance of email marketing channel. ROI focused and experience in optimizing campaigns based on metrics.
- Proven track record in optimizing email KPIs across revenue generating and engagement campaigns.
- Experience in developing lead generation campaigns and conversion strategies.
- In-depth understanding of the technical elements of email marketing
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience with database marketing and working with CRM systems within an email program.
- Exceptional project management skills, self-directed, strong attention to detail, ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and high degree on initiative to drive projects that meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of test design and execution.
- Passion for data and strong bias for action - ability to synthesize data into insights and insights into actionable programs.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.