Understood is looking for an experienced, goal-oriented email marketing professional to contribute to drive growth for the organization. We're looking for someone who is data-driven but creative, has built new campaigns from scratch, thrives in a fast paced environment, and has successfully executed complex lifecycle email campaigns.
You will manage the U.org email marketing plan and execution with responsibility for driving email growth and will work regularly with the Marketing, Operations and Product teams, and have frequent exposure to the Leadership team. This role reports to the Associate Director, Growth Marketing.
- Create and execute against a roadmap for A/B testing that allows us to continuously improve business and email metrics
- Manage the email marketing calendar and work with designer to execute against it
- QA all emails, ensuring all links, images, subject lines, and list segments are accurate and working properly
- Monitor and report key metrics including email delivery, unsubscribe rate, email metrics, and business metrics
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years experience with email marketing in a startup or digitally native business environment and 2+ years experience with Mailchimp
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Growth mindset with a focus on using continuous testing to optimize acquisition
- Well organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and adapt plans, as needed
- Creative/innovative thinker who can bring ideas to life and execute thoroughly
- Robust analytic and quantitative skills
- Familiarity with platforms like Tapclicks and Classy.org a plus
- HTML/CSS proficiency is a plus
- Comfortable presenting to executive team
- Strong analytical, data-driven decision-making skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to effectively articulate complex concepts, thoughts and ideas
- Strong project management skills
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Understood encourages individuals of all learning styles, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds, including those whose life experiences may include the challenge of access due to a disability, to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to supporting this work.
Understood is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, stalking, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law or that of persons with whom that individual associates, or any other legally protected characteristics.
For additional information on learning and attention issues, including ADD/ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, executive functioning issues, nonverbal learning disabilities, processing issues, and more, please visit www.understood.org.