Provides leadership and oversight to the Email & Channel Marketing team. Oversees all Email channel components of the company’s digital outreach and marketing efforts. Directs development of company e-commerce marketing programs and overall Email strategy to maximize brand presentation and customer experience. Oversees the research, analysis, and channel performance and designs Email marketing plans to capitalize on business opportunities.
- Provides leadership and guidance for Email & Channel Marketing teams, Team Leaders, and Team Members.
- Collaborates with internal and external teams to execute Email marketing from concept to development.
- Brings strategic thought leadership ensuring marketing, communication and business priorities are being advanced.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes innovative marketing initiatives to drive traffic, revenue, and conversion.
- Develops targeting strategies that will improve outbound marketing and merchandising performance.
- Develops, executes, and analyzes creative test plans for Email marketing channel.
- Forms online content partnerships, measures channel performance and related online usage and trends and manages vendor relationships.
- Owns the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing outbound marketing and traffic metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Partners across teams to deliver work on-time and on-budget.
- Works closely with digital product team members to ensure synergies between website features/functionality and marketing channel programs.
- Leads digital / e-commerce process, program, and technology improvement initiatives.
- Supports efforts of internal, external, and cross-functional technology teams to troubleshoot, estimate, and coordinate system fixes, enhancements, and maintenance.
- Works closely with IT on technological / platform development, testing, management, and enhancement.
- Proven ability to lead and inspire a team of direct reports.
- Able to impart focus by developing clear goals and priorities.
- Proven ability to build cross-functional partnerships and inspire collaboration and action in the absence of a ‘direct report’ relationship.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while maintaining a clear sense of priorities.
- Consults with business leaders on functional and operational processes, challenges, and related issues and trends – and on project plans designed to improve outreach and effectiveness.
- Serves as a trusted advisor from a Email & Channel Marketing perspective.
- Engages with business leaders to identify gaps in messaging consistency, formulate resolution strategies, and ensure a consistent and positive approach going forward.
- Proven ability to craft actionable, creative, and data-driven strategies.
- Recommends strategic / business adjustments based on program effectiveness, customer feedback, anticipated direction, and identified challenges and trends.
- Leads detailed task / project planning, including cost, schedule, and resource requirements.
- Ensures planning incorporates data and information from customer, media, partner, and company perspectives.
- Collaborates with task / project stakeholders to identify, evaluate, and resolve emerging and anticipated issues.
- Leverages data-driven insights to recommend and implement task / project management and delivery methodology continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates clear understanding of WFM’s core business and customer / market / partner interfaces.
- Assesses how products, processes, and operating models impact the company’s business and financial performance.
- Understands how changes in customer expectations, the competition, new business, new markets, and evolving strategies impact the company’s competitive position and long-term prospects.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree and 6-8 years’ relevant experience OR equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- 2-4 years’ leadership experience.