Here at Spirit Airlines, our mission is to deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth!
Imagine being a Team Member in an organization introducing 100’s of new aircraft that will double our fleet while scaling the organization’s people, process, and technology infrastructure. Investing in a Rock Star like you will not only make an immediate impact on the business but help us continue building a bench of future leadership. Our Team Members develop their careers rapidly while building key skills that drive long-term success.
Be part of our Transformation Journey!
- Team-driven: Your leaders will be right beside you to mentor, share ideas, and collaborate. Peers and leaders are valuable contributors.
- The Sky is No Limit: Our constant growth means boundless career opportunities. There is no limit to how fast and how far you can grow within this organization.
- The Giving Spirit: We are committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work.
- Competitive base salaries with robust health & welfare benefits
- Agile career paths and accelerated career advancement
- Travel & flight benefits for you and your family
About This Job
The Senior Email Manager will own and champion the strategy, execution and optimization of all Guest-facing emails and maximize the value of the email database. This person will play a role in the overall communications strategy and performance while focusing on driving revenue, loyalty, acquisition, KPIs and optimizations. The Senior Manager will engage many different departments across the company, including Brand, Loyalty, Ecommerce, Ancillary, IT and QA to ensure alignment and understanding of KPIs. Successful candidate will have effective interpersonal skills to work in a team-based environment and in a cross-departmental role.
- Lead end-to-end email campaign strategy including cadence, segmentation, personalization, development, execution, analysis, reporting and optimization.
- Ensure Promotional, Transactional, Loyalty and Partner campaigns are meeting goals including revenue, upsell, acquisition and other KPIs.
- Work with Spirit’s creative agency and internal stakeholders to develop and launch engaging content.
- Develop and execute testing strategy for email content, subject lines, audience segments, cadence, etc.
- Work closely with Email Service Provider, agency and internal data sources to ensure accurate reporting, analyze and optimize performance, and set benchmarks for future campaigns.
- Maximize engagement, open, click through and conversion rates, and minimize bounce, spam and opt-out rates.
- Establish required timelines for email requests, development and deployments.
- Oversee the email calendar to ensure every email is tested, approved and deployed in a timely manner.
- Ensure alignment with brand guidelines across all campaigns.
- Optimize landing page performance.
- Work closely with the Email Service Provider, Spirit IT department and other internal stakeholders to prevent, identify and correct any bugs and technical issues.
- Ensure all Team Members and stakeholders are aligned and fully understand goals and objectives.
- Keep informed on best practices and test/optimize accordingly.
- Manage partnerships and negotiate contracts with multiple vendors
- Own, manage and stay within the Email Marketing budget (CAPEX and OPEX).
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years' experience
- Proficiency in email marketing and deliverability best practices.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to gather data from multiple sources, analyze and optimize.
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS coding.
- Strong understanding of database logic and segmentation.
- Comprehensive understanding of U.S., CAN-SPAM and Canada’s Anti-Spam regulations.
- Comprehensive understanding of web analytics tools, email metrics, benchmarks, KPI’s and tagging.
- Excellent written and verbal command of English. Spanish a plus.
- Copywriting and/or design experience preferred.
- Ability to hand-code SQL a plus.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline sensitive, detail-driven environment.
- Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining relationships at all levels, collaborating with others across business, function, geographical boundaries and with third party vendors.
- Must be detailed oriented and possess a drive for perfection in design and execution. Highly organized and disciplined. Can manage multiple projects.
- Has a high level of integrity, confidentiality, ethics and discretion. Is direct and open, builds and sustains relationships with all stakeholders.
- Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it. *
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our Team Members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.