Tala was named one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. We are a financial technology company on a mission to make financial services simple, inclusive, and accessible for the doers and dreamers globally. We are building the digital bank for the next billion!
So far, more than 6 million people in emerging markets have borrowed through our Android app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, education, and other personalized financial services. Headquartered in Santa Monica, we support the needs of our customers in Kenya, Mexico, Philippines, and India.
We’re looking for an experienced, hands-on lifecycle/ CRM marketing leader who is interested in working for a top fintech company with a social mission to provide financial access to our customers across Mexico, Kenya, Philippines, and India who are underserved and unbanked.
In this role, you will be leading efforts around the planning, development, deployment and performance-reporting of SMS and email campaigns across our global markets. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys the responsibility of seeing campaigns through from early stage to deployment and analysis, and has a strong passion for CRM software and leveraging data to create relevant, personalized communications.
You will work cross-functionally with marketing, product management, business intelligence, and other teams to transform marketing strategies into reality through end-to-end campaign management that drive conversion and retention using cross-channel messaging (email, in-app, push and SMS) with a “test and learn quickly” mindset.
The ability to work collaboratively in a very fast-paced work environment, operate strategically as well as tactically as the situation demands, develop compelling messaging tests, streamline integration of marketing data, and drive initiatives with minimal supervision are essential requirements for this role.
What you'll do
- Design, build, implement, measure, and iterate on lifecycle strategies that build personalized relationships with prospects and customers through all stages of their journey
- Partner with Marketing, Product, and CX to execute and optimize high-performing lifecycle marketing campaigns
- Generate data-driven hypotheses and execute A/B tests to inform new marketing strategies and drive outsized ROI
- Use data, analytics, and experimental design to drive improvements across a wide variety of business objectives
- Work closely with Business Intelligence and finance teams to report on campaign results and continually measure campaign performance
- Lead the lifecycle production process from ticket creation through to deployment and analysis, identifying process flows to maximize team efficiency
- Manage and streamline the integration of marketing data with our existing analytics stack
- Work with data, product, and engineering teams to define any new requirements to ensure the right data are available for relevant, personalized, and real-time campaigns
- Problem solve in real time to address emergent events impacting customers
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant lifecycle marketing and mobile/CRM experience
- Hands on experience with marketing automation platforms; experience with Braze a plus (experience with Iterable, Responsys, Exacttarget, LeanPlum, Klaviyo also considered)
- Solid understanding of email & SMS including campaign automation, data feeds in and out, and segmentation queries.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapt to change and effectively prioritize and multitask.
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills.
- Experience with team management and people development with strong leadership potential.
- Strong cross-functional skills with ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective communicator with a collaborative, can-do attitude.
- Proven ability to process and synthesize data with a strong analytical approach to funnel activation metrics measurement, campaign performance, and optimizations.
- Experience with data visualization platforms (e.g. Looker, Amplitude), SQL, or other data analysis skills.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Cross-cultural skills with a passion for serving our customers and working with global teams across Mexico, Philippines, Kenya, and India.
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.