Who We Are
Alpaca is a fast-growing series B FinTech startup that’s raised over $70 million in funding.
Alpaca is an API-first stock and crypto platform that enables developers and businesses across the world to build trading algorithms, applications, and brokerage services.
Our globally distributed team consists of developers, traders, and brokerage specialists, and is backed by a group of prominent investors and highly experienced industry angel investors, including Tribe Capital, Horizon Ventures, Spark Capital, Social Leverage, Elefund, Portag3, and Y Combinator.
And, of course, we are very enthusiastic about open source contributions as well as community building.
The Alpaca Herd (Our Team)
We have 160+ globally distributed (remote) team members who love to have work from their favorite places in the world. We have team members based in the USA, Canada, South Africa, Singapore, Hong Kong, India, Nigeria, Brazil, United Kingdom, and more! We love candidates who have a passion to make a global difference in financial services and technology, by impacting local communities and becoming a part of our hyper-growth company.
We’re looking for a strategically-minded growth marketer that can help build and champion our customer user journey. The Lifecycle Marketing Manager will oversee two functions:
B2B and B2C Self-Serve Lifecycle Marketing
In this role, you will cross-collaborate with different functions within marketing to ensure that Alpaca’s integrated campaign messages are highlighted in our automated nurture programs, grow our email marketing channel to engage our database, and work with cross-functional teams to provide strategic guidance and support - amplifying/aligning the message globally.
If you have a passion for building robust, data-driven marketing programs throughout a prospect’s lifecycle, can organize and drive vision, and are capable and comfortable in engaging with executives and individual contributors alike, we want to hear from you.
The marketing team is 100% distributed and remote. This role is an individual contributor within the Growth Marketing team, reporting directly to the Director of Marketing.
Things You Get To Do
- Own the strategy and day-to-day responsibilities for email marketing, nurture programs, personalization, in-app messaging, push messaging, and lifecycle experimentation
- Set initiatives for the lifecycle team in collaboration with other marketing functions that continuously educate our database audience in order to generate and mature pipeline.
- Interpret data, analyze results, and develop reports that showcase the impact and performance of lifecycle marketing programs to continuously optimize the customer journey.
- Lead database segmentation initiatives alongside our growth marketing and product marketing teams to streamline a holistic segmentation strategy
Who You Are (Must-Haves)
- 5+ years of CRM strategy, creating and building customer lifecycle journeys
- Extensive knowledge and experience in both Marketing Automation and CRM in order to deliver compelling email campaigns that tie into the overarching digital strategy
- Experience building personalized experience for web, email, and other digital properties in order to deliver the right message at the right time to the right person
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and capable of clearly articulating vision and strategy
- Has a proven track record of highly effective collaboration, striking deep relationships and the ability to influence cross-functional teams to drive towards common performance goals
- Thrives working in a fast-paced environment and can quickly adapt to changes
- Have experience in leading team and building out teams
- Ability to present ideas, data, and results clearly, and communicate effectively across business teams and with 3rd party vendors/account representatives
Who You Might Be (Nice-to-Haves)
- Desire to function as both strategic marketers and also orchestrate tactical components of integrated marketing campaigns.
- Hubspot, Intercom, Segment, Amplitude experience is a plus.
- Familiarity or interest in FinTech, financial markets, algorithmic trading, quant trading, investing applications. FinTech work experience is a plus.
- Excitement about Alpaca and democratizing access to global markets is a plus!
How We Take Care Of You
- Competitive Salary & Stock Options
- Benefits: Health benefits start on day 1. In the US this includes Medical, Dental, Vision. In Canada, this includes supplemental healthcare. Internationally, this includes a stipend value to offset medical costs.
- New Hire Home-Office Setup: One-time USD $500
- Monthly Stipend: USD $150 per month via a Brex Card
- Work with awesome people, clients and partners from around the world
Alpaca is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.