Papa’s mission is to support families throughout the aging journey. Every day 11,000 people in the United States turn 65. Loneliness is a disease and Social Determinants of Health have huge impacts on people’s lives. The Papa team and our tens of thousands of Papa Pals are here to provide companionship, support, and care to millions of families.
Backed by amazing partners, Papa has raised over $90M in funding. Our investors include Tiger Global Management, Canaan, Comcast Ventures, Pivotal Ventures (Melinda Gates’ fund), Initialized Capital, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher’s fund), YCombinator, Operator Partners, and Magnify Ventures.
Papa, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly support the ParityPledge® for gender and/or racial parity at the highest levels of business.
About the Role: The Senior Lifecycle Manager will play an integral role in the planning and execution of Papa’s Pal lifecycle communication strategy. In this position, you will help achieve our business objectives through Pal communications across all platforms. You’ll be responsible for all stages of Lifecycle programs across acquisition, activation, retention, referral, and product marketing.
This role will work closely with the Data, Research, Product, Operations, Creative, and Acquisition teams to create, execute, measure, and optimize lifecycle programs. Your efforts will directly support Papa’s ability to build and sustainably scale our fast-growing Pal network. The ideal candidate will be a highly driven self-starter, able to contribute strategically while driving hands-on execution.
What you’ll do
- Define and prioritize Lifecycle communication needs based on an understanding of OKRs, impact, gaps, and current resources.
- Plan key Pal comms series (such as applicant reminders, onboarding, re-engagement, retention, and other triggered notifications).
- With Product and Data, Ensure the proper implementation of our Lifecycle platform (Customer.io).
- Within the platform, map out workflows (comms logic).
- Manage the content development process, working closely with design, copywriting, and frontend teams.
- Iterate and test new ideas to continuously optimize key metrics, such as engagement, churn, utilization, and lifetime value.
- Ensure healthy deliverability rates across comms platforms.
- Ensure that we are tracking the right KPIs over time.
- Partner with Product & Research to enhance the overall lifecycle experience of Pals.
- Identify constraints, opportunities, and new growth levers.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of experience in retention marketing (marketing automation, retention, CRM)
- Strong experience with Enterprise CRM / Lifecycle platforms such as Customer.io, Braze, Iterable, Autopilot, etc. Also, experience owning these relationships.
- Strong experience creating automated comms series across channels, such as email, sms, push, paid, etc.
- Strong analytical knowledge, including CRM / Lifecycle / Retention KPIs.
- Experience with reporting platforms such as Looker, Google Analytics etc.
- Experience using performance and audience data to inform successful campaigns.
- Experience with email and SMS compliance, such as CAN SPAM.
- Experience using A/B testing to optimize and refine programs.
- Very strong communication skills; can proficiently write for the end user if needed.
- Highly organized with the ability to balance multiple competing priorities.
- A team-first leader, able to influence across teams while optimizing for group outcomes.
A 🦄 might also bring
- Leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with HTML / CSS for email, and SQL.
- Experience with two-sided marketplaces, ideally supply-side.
- Experience with segmentation tools, such as Lytics, Segment Personas, etc.
Salary & Benefits
- Market competitive salary
- Stock options
- Health Care, Vision, Dental
- 401K plan with company matching contributions
- A chance to impact the lives of millions of people in a positive way