At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
We're looking for an experienced, results-driven email marketing expert to work closely with Product Marketing & Operations teams to increase adoption of Compass’ suite of real estate tools!
You will be accountable to create our team’s product and campaign-driven email strategy. This includes ownership of national newsletters, product / campaign launch announcements, and the development, execution, and management of automated lifecycle marketing email strategies.
The successful candidate must have strong experience in email marketing strategy, a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams across the company and the experience leveraging data across the organization to maximize email marketing effectiveness. You will be responsible for identifying behavioral trends and patterns of our customers within each product and developing nurture based email campaigns that respond to their specific needs. You will collaborate with other channel strategists across the Product Marketing team to evaluate and understand the lifecycle of both our customer (agent) and products to define cadence and communication style of said campaigns. A successful candidate will have experience liaising with the design team to build out each email from a design and content perspective.
If you are passionate about solving business problems and thrive in a fast-paced environment, we'd be thrilled to meet you. This is a full-time position based that will report directly into a Growth Product Marketing Lead.
At Compass You Will
- Lead Compass’ email marketing strategy in partnership with Product Marketers and Operational leaders.
- Manage, execute, and measure all national emails, including: newsletters, launch emails, surveys, opt-in newsletters such as Concierge and more
- Partner with analyst to create targeted audience segments
- Partner with regional teams to track performance of regional newsletters and recommend improvements in terms of preferred email service, length etc based on data
- Strategize and create automated (triggered) lifecycle email marketing and nurture programming
- Partner with PMM teams to execute on segmented “Growth hacking” initiatives
- Drive email adoption initiatives across multiple product lines and track metrics that speak to the effectiveness of the tactics.
- Define email success criteria and measure the impact of Growth Product Marketing efforts against stated corporate goals
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills and develop a point of view on customer segmentation to create more impactful messaging strategies for a variety of customer types.
- Drive personalized campaigns that leverage data driven factors (market fluctuations and seasonality) to assure that we are speaking to our customers when and where they want and in the voice that resonates with them.
- Own and maintain the email communications calendar.
What We Look For
- 4-6 years experience in a similar role, preferably at a B2B or B2B2C Saas company
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree in a quantitative field or an MBA a plus
- Experience using various email marketing tools.
- Experience implementing a marketing automation platform.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a willingness to operate at both highly strategic levels - to define customer problems / marketing / positioning of our products - and also at very tactical levels, such as launching a product to our internal teams or to customers in close collaboration with multiple business functions.
- Extremely high-level of planning, project management, and creating email marketing plans that translate into measurable adoption results.
- Outstanding communication skills - written and verbal - with the ability to tailor messaging strategy for different audiences.
- Outstanding organizational, project management, people and communication skills, including strong writing abilities and proven experience communicating key value messages to a variety of audiences both internal and external to Compass.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, multitask, and work independently in a dynamic, rapidly changing workplace with a bias towards action.
- Extensive experience with direct marketing and marketing automation including A/B testing, customer segmentation and analytics as well as strong proficiency with technology tools that support such marketing efforts
- Strong proficiency in sourcing and analyzing the data needed to make effective marketing campaign decisions as well as a high comfort level in operating with and making decisions with partial information
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.