Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of universal communications APIs that allow developers to quickly connect their applications to every email, calendar, or contacts provider in the world. Over 40,000 developers around the globe use the Nylas communications platform to process over 1.2 billion API requests and 15TB of data per day from providers such as Gmail, Microsoft Exchange, Outlook.com, Yahoo! and more.
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $55M to date from 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, Citi Ventures, Round 13, ScaleUP, Data Collective, Fuel Capital, and SV Angel. Nylas customers span from large enterprises such as Ceridian, Hyundai, Fox News Corp, Hubspot and Move.com to high-growth start-ups like Dialpad, Pipedrive, Lexicata, and Qualia.
We think it’s really important to have a fun, inclusive, and aspirational workplace, so we collaboratively wrote about our values, benefits, perks, and published them in our open-source handbook: https://github.com/nylas/handbook
- 2019 Great Place to Work
- 2019 Happiest Employees
- 2019 Best Leadership Team
- 2019 Best CEOs for Diversity
- 2019 Best Perks and Benefits
- 2019 Best Work-Life Balance
About This Role:
We’re looking for a trailblazer to be the Senior Engagement Marketing Manager for Nylas. In this role, you will lead the end-to-end management of all engagement marketing initiatives, with a primary focus on nurturing initial inbound demand (i.e. Leads) through the funnel to highly-engaged, qualified “sales ready” leads (MQLs) for a high-growth B2B technology company.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, this individual will lead all engagement marketing campaigns from go-to-market planning and execution to reporting/analysis and iteration.The ideal candidate is equal parts “left and right brain” and is comfortable contributing to broader marketing efforts as both a guide that utilizes channel insights to steer strategy, as well as a capable executor that can take strategic inputs and craft impactful digital marketing initiatives with a high degree of autonomy.
- Conceptualizing, planning, executing, and optimizing audience targeting, creative/media, and budget allocation to maximize engagement with an existing/return audience.
- Partner with Acquisition Marketing on omni-channel campaign performance with a focus on increasing engagement/click activity, and conversion from initial Lead stage to MQL and SQL.
- Managing the supporting budget and optimizing the Channel and Offer mix for key metrics including return visitor rates, engagement, lead qualification, win-back rates, and spend.
- Managing the Nylas email marketing program inclusive of audience segmentation, campaign planning and management, and performance.
- Executing A/B tests of key marketing materials and campaigns to drive ongoing campaign optimization through digital channels, including Email, SEM/PPC, Display, Paid Social, and Affiliate.
- Measuring, synthesizing, and presenting key findings from engagement campaigns to help inform short and long-term efforts to drive the business forward.
- Forecasting and reporting on through-the-funnel results of all engagement marketing activities.
- Partner with the Director of Marketing Operations and Analytics to build reporting and analytics solutions and deliver engagement marketing performance insights to stakeholders.
- 5 -7 years experience with a minimum of 3 years experience in a digital marketing role. Candidates with previous B2B technology SaaS experience strongly preferred.
- Equal hemisphere marketer - able to solve creative challenges while being heavily data-oriented.
- Experience managing both organic and paid marketing channels in concert to drive optimal results.
- Experience managing media buying and bidding in-house with six-figure + quarterly budgets.
- Comfortable working with both creative (i.e. brand and design) and technical teams (i.e. operations).
- Exceedingly collaborative but resourceful - comfortable leading efforts while coordinating with other members, while maintaining an “owner” mentality and driving projects to completion.
- Proactive and creative problem-solver with the ability to identify problems and solve them independently.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute.
- Exceptional EQ, communication skills, and ability to develop and maintain interpersonal relationships up, down, and across the organization.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats, and ability to deliver high-quality results in a rapidly-evolving environment.
Experience working with marketing automation systems, CMS, native advertising channels, and analytics solutions. The ideal candidate is fluent in the majority of Nylas’ marketing technology stack of Salesforce, Marketo, and Wordpress, and is able to quickly self-study and learn marketing technologies wherever there may be gaps.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay with performance bonuses and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation with two weeks of mandated contiguous time-off every year
- Flexible work hours with remote options
- 90% premium coverage for medical, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family
- 12 weeks caregiver leave (maternity & paternity programs)
- Catered lunch every day and unlimited snacks
- 401k w/ 1% matching program
- One Medical Membership
- $100 monthly wellness credit
- Relocation assistance
Nylas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Our team focuses on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, and coding academy graduates.
We are actively and regularly working with the entire team to shape our culture in a conscious way to our ideal of empowerment, transparency, and kindness.