We MERGE storytelling with technology by offering marketing and technology clients full-service capabilities including strategy, creative, experience engineering, performance marketing, media and marketing operations platforms. MERGE has enduring client partnerships with American Express, T-Mobile, LG, Kate Spade NY, Coach, The Northface, Marco's Pizza, Facebook, BlueCross BlueShield, Abbott, Supernus, Seqirus, GE Healthcare, Advocate Aurora Health, Brigham Health, Indiana University Health, Fidelity and Eaton Vance. With 700+ employees across offices in Chicago, Boston, NY, Atlanta, Denver, Kansas City, LA and Montreal, MERGE uses a talent-to-task process that enables clients to think higher and feel deeper about their customers.
Promote Health, Wealth & Happiness
We are committed to promoting health, wealth and happiness in the world by partnering with purpose-driven clients in purpose-driven industries such as healthcare, financial services and consumer products. Our deep vertical expertise and category insights stem from decade-long partnerships with our top clients.
Emerge to the Top of Your Career
At MERGE, we strive to create a superior work experience where talented and ambitious people grow. An experience that encourages people to think higher and feel deeper. An experience where people engage minds and hearts to do the best work of their careers.
As our Senior Email Strategist, you will…
Be Accountable and Responsible
As our Senior Email Strategist you will be responsible for the overarching strategy and success of client email programs for some of the larger, more sophisticated clients of the agency, as well as being a go-to mentor for the Email team. Using established Email knowledge and past experience on effective techniques, you will confidently & independently builds out strategy roadmaps for complex clients. This often involves problem solving & thoughtfully balancing needs with capabilities and conflicting interests. As a highly client-facing role, you will be expected to produce polished client deliverables as well as to present deliverables eloquently and clearly. You may work with a support team to help with tasks and should be comfortable delegating to and mentoring others. Lastly, it is expected that you will engage in testing and researching new tactics, conducting training & mentoring junior team members, and participating in pre-sales activities as needed.
- Remain current with industry trends for Email & SMS strategies, as well as technologies to effectively drive consumer engagement via email marketing. Consistently identify opportunities to drive conversion with email by researching, collecting, and analyzing data.
- Develop strategic recommendations that execute against clients’ Email and SMS program objectives
- Manage the client relationship, client expectations, priorities, and deliverables for Email and SMS, in collaboration with the Account Director and channel teams
- Develop quarterly marketing strategies and present plans to achieve client KPIs
- Develop and lead clients’ Email and SMS engagements
- Create email and SMS budgets to support client goals and forecast revenue
- Manage multiple, more technically and strategically complex clients
- Recommend segmentation strategies based on behavior, product affinities, demographics
- Provide recommendations for email creative optimizations, best practices, and testing strategies
- Produce, analyze, and provide actionable insights for weekly, bi-weekly, monthly. quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reporting
- Troubleshoot and respond to ESP issues, list questions, and advanced ad hoc analysis
- Technical development of email campaigns, customized, advanced, and automated programs, including (but not limited to) trigger-based and re-contact email campaigns
These are the qualifications we’re looking for
- At least 4+ years experience and strong understanding of the elements of Email, including vocabulary, regulations, Email Service Providers, and 3rd Party supplemental partners. Be an expert in the following areas:
- Marketing and Promotional Emails
- Triggered and Automated Emails
- Transactional Emails
- Email Service Providers
- 3rd Party Supplemental Partners
- Regulations (CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CCPA)
- Email calendars/cadence/frequency
- Testing strategies
- CRM knowledge
- Email Service Providers
- 3rd Party Supplemental Partners
- Understanding of HTML
- Ecommerce Analytics
- Demonstrate critical thinking
- Demonstrate excellence in organization, time management, and communication
- Expertise in Excel
- Detail oriented
- The power to execute independently while successfully influencing others across the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, both internally and with prospects, clients, and vendors
- Demonstrate self-awareness
- Speak succinctly
- Be calm even in challenging situations, ability to handle client escalations professionally
Compensation: $40,000 - $135,000
Salary differential is based on seniority, merit, education, training and experience. MERGE’s career ladders reflect department growth from Associate through Partner levels, with details of roles and responsibilities associated with each level. New hires are assigned a job level within a particular position based on these criteria and salary is set within the job level based on these criteria. Growth from one level to the next occurs when employees master their role, and are promoted into the next level, generally during salary review cycles which are posted in the employee handbook.
And here’s how we live our values at MERGE
- Ability. We push ourselves to share our highest level of skill and competence. We dive in and try our hardest every day.
- Agility. We stay flexible, nimble and incredibly responsive to client and market demands. We constantly bend our thinking and shift directions often. No problem.
- Humility. Nobody ever admits to this. These are the people who push us all to be better and they take no credit. They seek new ideas and collaborate effortlessly.
MERGE welcomes and celebrates diversity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status or people with abilities. We believe that the more diverse we are, the more creative our work will be!
MERGE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer