As a Senior Email Strategist, you know your way around ESPs like the back of your hand and love the thrill of hitting the ‘send’ button. Your main duties within the agency include running email marketing campaigns end-to-end, managing email databases and creating deployments. You’re tasked with deployment planning/strategy and all stages of the email production process after receiving assets from our creative team or our client. As Sr. Email Strategist, you’re comfortable with segment management, Q/A testing, and deployment of emails to large audience sizes. You’re a resource that other associates and clients alike look to for subject matter expertise and guidance on best practices. Your attention to detail is impeccable, and you’re a great communicator with all of the various parties you interface with. Above all, your deep-rooted passion for the world of email makes you an integral part of the agency’s service provisions.
- Effectively and efficiently operates in ClickDimensions, Sitecore EXM, MyEmma and potentially new systems in all facets of the platforms.
- Performs day-to-day email marketing activities inside ESPs including, but not limited to email template creation, email campaign set-up, testing and deployment.
- Acts as the agency’s subject matter expert for all things related to email marketing and best practices therein to help guide and coach other teams (Client Services, Creative, etc).
- Leads client discussions on email-related topics, as necessary.
- Proactively thinks on behalf of our current and prospective clients’ email strategies and continues to bring new ideas, thinking and features to the table for conversation while promoting sales growth.
- Manages agency ECO partners, as necessary, to ensure the best value and output for Defero.
- Is proficient in email related HTML/CSS to own all email development in the agency.
- Manages the revision/feedback process and implementation upon testing.
- Facilitates proper list segmentation planning, design and creation of applicable lists. Also facilitates accurate importing of contacts as necessary.
- Ensures proper subscriber targeting on all email deployments, including one-off and ongoing automated campaigns.
- Handles A/B testing for all elements such as subject lines/content/etc.
- Runs cross-device and cross-email client testing to ensure excellent user experience irrespective of platform.
- Sets up and manages automated workflows to ensure all is running as planned.
- Maintains compliance with email marketing regulations such as CAN-SPAM, GDPR, CCPA, others.
- Ensures the accuracy of all details pertaining to a deployment/campaign for all deployments/campaigns being managed, as the final checkpoint.
- Sets up and maintains subscriber preferences and the data collected therein.
- Reports on performance of email deployments and interpret results to tell a cohesive story to the client at the predetermined cadence.
GENERAL AGENCY EXPECTATIONS:
- Maintains the ability to professionally interface and communicate with clients and internal teams.
- Strives to be exceptional with verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational and project prioritization skills.
- Practices effective project and resource time management.
- Demonstrates a capacity to operate with a level of self-sufficiency.
- Has ‘difficult conversations’ with fellow associates when needed.
- Maintains a positive personality that fits into the Defero culture, and contributes to its growth.
- Is a capable speaker in front of a group and participates in conversations.
- Proactively practices gaining clarity when requests are not clear.
- Acts as a problem solver and is solution-oriented.
- Documents time daily in Workamajig.
- Travels as required to client meetings, events or other out of the office activities.
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Compensation: Competitive salary DOE, Health, Dental Vision, 3 weeks PTO, generous paid holiday schedule, mobile phone allowance, and matching 401-K after 1st year of employment, Weekly work-from-home Fridays.
Education: BS in Marketing, Advertising or related field