The Senior Email Specialist is responsible for the implementation, delivery, and optimization of Protective’s targeted email marketing campaigns designed to generate leads and drive sales of life and annuity products. The individual should have a firm grasp of one-to-one marketing principles and automation tools that will enable them to be effective in the delivery of integrated marketing campaigns. They will be responsible for identifying and acting on opportunities to influence Marketing Strategy as well as gathering and interpreting email campaign requirements.
- Develop and execute integrated email campaigns that align with business goals using Marketing Automation Platform.
- Primary liaison responsible for identifying and acting on opportunities to influence Marketing Strategy as well as gathering and interpreting email campaign requirements.
- Build email journeys and interactions that align with campaign strategy and drive engagement and leads.
- Proactively identify opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of email marketing programs, automation platforms or processes.
- Identify, monitor and manage KPIs to improve email performance.
- Oversee enterprise email marketing platform, Marketing Cloud, establishing and managing email lists, troubleshooting performance issues and utilizing all capabilities available to extend functionality (e.g. Email Studio, Mobile Studio, Web Studio(CloudPages), Journey Builder(Automation Studio), and Audience Builder).
- Lead efforts to improve sender score(s) and deliverability rates against industry benchmarks
- Collaborate with key partners in Marketing Analytics, Web Services, and Lead Management to define critical dependencies.
- Ensure email campaigns follow industry policies, regulations and best practices including CAN SPAM compliance.
- Evaluate and leverage emerging technology and vendor support to improve campaign performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or another related field, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of email marketing experience using marketing automation platforms. (e.g. SalesForce Marketing Cloud preferred)
- Experience in setting up and optimizing email journeys, A/B and multivariate experiments
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising email journeys that engage, inform and motivate
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in email marketing and measurement
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to provide data-driven strategic recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and effectively manage within a deadline-driven and complex environment
- Client-centric attitude and approach
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, Dreamweaver, SalesForce Marketing Cloud, Litmus, Marketing Automation software
- Strong understanding of compliance, legal and regulatory requirements (CAN-SPAM) impacting email marketing
- Able to independently identify opportunities and implement initiatives without direction
- Collaborative team player
- Impeccable attention to detail
- High energy and the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously