If you are seeking a role where you can have a direct impact and add value to the bottom line of our company and customers, this is a job for you! We’re looking for an experienced Senior Email Automation Marketing Specialist to join our team as we work to continuously improve our outreach to learners using multi-channel marketing strategies, focused specifically on financial email automation and payment notifications. In this role, you will support the Lifecycle team by creating highly targeted, trigger-based email, SMS, and message center campaigns using an enterprise digital marketing platform to support loyalty, progression and retention efforts surrounding student payments.
Under the direction of the Lifecycle Campaign Manager, you will be collaborating with various teams including Finance, Creative, Content Marketing, Technology, and Student Services on the execution and performance tracking of payment marketing campaigns across the Student Lifecycle. Success in this role will be defined by your ability to collaborate with team members in order to execute timely campaigns, understand and manipulate email automation and trigger-based campaigns, dissect email analytics in tools and platforms like Business Objects and Google Analytics, as well as your ability to contribute to the creativity and innovation of new financial/payment ideas and communication that will drive positive revenue outcomes across channels.
Essential Job Functions
- Partner with internal financial and analytical stakeholders to manage, create, assemble, execute, and deliver data-driven, dynamic, highly targeted payment marketing campaigns, lead-nurturing campaigns, retention programs, ad hoc campaigns, and loyalty building communications.
- Ability to take a marketing idea from its conception phase, all the way to the executional and analytical phase, without requiring much guidance.
- Contribute to a payment testing calendar and drive testing strategies from conception through execution and results sharing. Share results with key stakeholders to improve key performance metrics.
- Own process for setup and execution of email and other cross-channel campaigns within digital marketing platform. Provide samples of campaigns to stakeholders and coordinate any necessary updates.
- Experience in email automation and analytical tools, such as Business Objects and Google Analytics, to inform email strategy and automation.
- Define and identify target audiences in support of list segmentation payment and collection strategies.
- Compile financial and payment-focused content and assets to produce campaigns.
- Coordinate with the Special Pricing and Offers team to align marketing and promotional calendars to ensure the seamless execution of campaigns.
- Understanding the day-to-day communication priorities as defined by the communications calendar and taking ownership for the development work that is required for each project.
- Participate in weekly meetings where communications strategies are outlined to ensure that priorities and objectives are in alignment for the entire team.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or technology-related field
- 4+ years’ experience in a data-driven, email/cross-channel communications role
- Experience with enterprise level email service providers (Oracle Responsys and IBM/Sliverpop a plus)
- HTML & CSS skills required
- Experience with Business Objects
- Positive, solutions-oriented disposition with exceptional ability to collaborate with all levels of staff and across all departments of the organization.
- Strong interest in modern marketing technology trends and techniques
- Strong interest in email and financially focused campaigns
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment; self-starter with ability to support multiple work streams to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to guide and communicate priorities including communicating status to key stakeholders
At Penn Foster, we are dedicated to helping over 300,000 students each year achieve their goals through affordable, accessible, career-focused learning. Our mission has remained the same since 1890: to enhance the lives of our students and clients through the acquisition of skills and credentials that can help them work toward their career and life goals. Backed by Bain Capital Double Impact and together with our extensive partner network of leading employers, community-based organizations, and academic institutions, we close skills gaps and are building a workforce that’s prepared for the future job market. We aim to help businesses thrive by mobilizing their individual workers and energizing communities with opportunities for growth and progress. We are proud to play a role in the success of over 80% percent of our graduates that see improvement within their careers, as they inspire us to keep finding new ways to further our reach and broaden horizons. Join the Penn Foster movement and start working toward a better future today.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive base salary, plus a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, generous paid time off, sponsored volunteer opportunities, parking & commuter benefits, a 401K with a company match, plus free access to all of our online programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Penn Foster we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that embraces and celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other status protected under federal, state, or local law.