Who We Are
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Sr. Email Marketing Specialist will be our email marketing champion for our fun loving, energetic, “work hard, play hard” Digital Marketing team. Email continues to be a critical channel to our success and we are looking for a Senior Email Marketing Specialist to manage the day to day of email marketing. You will execute on several phases of the email channel including editorial calendar management, creative brief generation, seasonal tactical planning and execution, art direction, building, deployment and optimizations, and A/B testing. In this role, you will drive the day to day activities to keep Brooks email marketing efforts running successfully and ensure all emails are engaging, relevant, on brand, and, of course, timely among our runners.
You will lead and effectively manage the Email Marketing Coordinator to provide direction on day to day responsibilities, ultimately contributing to department programs and initiatives.
- Manage the day to day activities to sustain current email/SMS programs and tactical planning efforts for Brooks Running.
- Develop the email editorial calendar in partnership with the CRM and Marketing Manager and contribute to the deployment strategy in alignment with Integrated Marketing, editorial, and merchandise calendars.
- Manage the email/sms creative brief process from concept to delivery to ensure monthly email brand and revenue goals are met.
- Lead and coach Email Marketing Coordinator.
- Own the email A/B testing, audience segmentation test & learn strategy to increase customer engagement and conversions. Work in AMP IQ & email service provider to optimize affinity audiences.
- Oversee QA process for emails/sms in key browsers across devices.
- Provide email/sms creative art direction with an emphasis on dynamic content and drive email best practices.
- Work with creative team to develop shot lists for seasonal photo shoots.
- Plan, manage, and execute multiple seasonal tactics tied to key moments in our global marketing calendar.
- Determine email marketing touchpoints and content to inspire, educate, connect, and convince runners during their runner journey.
- Work with agency & email/sms vendors to solve technical issues and continue to advance our email marketing program.
- Manage email/sms initiatives from other departments (retail marketing, events, etc.) and communicate details of calendar, timing, information needed, etc. to those businesses.
- Partner with EMEA Ecommerce teams to coordinate messaging calendars and share best practices.
- Learn analytics and develop reporting to illustrate campaign results, KPI performance, highlighting successes, trends, and opportunities for key stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in marketing or business preferred.
- 3+ years of related experience in email marketing and Ecommerce.
- Familiarity with email service providers required.
- Strong understanding of email marketing best practices preferred.
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices preferred.
- Skilled at providing creative art direction to designers.
- Experience in developing segmentation, automation and lead gen strategies and executing at the tactical level.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Self-starter, responsible, and able to own production level projects.
- Leads with a growth mindset and demonstrates grit and initiative.
- Strong customer focus/ability to anticipate and react to user needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
- Creative genius that has the ability to think out of the box to build engaging email messages.
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary.
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner in order to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.