Small business success begins with better banking. That’s where we come in. BlueVine is a leader in small business banking - providing smart, fast and easy-to-use solutions specifically designed with small business owners in mind. We’ve helped 125,000+ businesses since we started in 2013, funding more than $6.5 billion in working capital through our pioneering online platform. Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, BlueVine is backed by leading investors including Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, Citi Ventures, SVB Financial, Nationwide Insurance, M12 (Microsoft’s Venture Arm).
BlueVine is seeking an accomplished and skilled Senior Email Marketing Manager who resides in the NYC Metro area and is an expert in creating and rapidly testing data driven, targeted and segmented communications via E-Mail, SMS, Push and In-App data driven strategies. This person will be technologically savvy, analytically driven and top of their game when it comes to modern marketing tech and the latest measurement techniques.
This role will be responsible for the full scope of the owned / push customer communication process — designing customer journey flows, developing hypothesis and tests, building trigger- based E-Mail, SMS, Push & In-App communications while constantly measuring / optimizing for results. He/She will possess a unique combination of technical, analytical and response driving know-how. You must be an uber user of CRM platform tools and an expert in A/B testing and measurement. You'll dive deep into customer data to optimize when/where/how we interact with each of our customers, collaborate with the product team to create new customer touchpoints and work with creative / content teams to develop response driving and on-brand messaging for each channel.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record and deep experience leading email, SMS, Push, In-APP communications. They must also have a data driven lifecycle marketer and customer first mentality. He/She is a results-oriented team player who knows how to be an impactful contributor in a fast paced, quickly changing cross-functional organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop and execute behaviorally triggered push communication (E-Mail, SMS, Push, In-App) campaigns with a specific focus on lead generation, driving acquisition, engagement and retention
- Own campaign development, setup, QA and reporting across the customer lifecycle.
- Identify trends and develop new insights in customer communications, and optimize campaign performance, customer value and retention based on that
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Strategy, Creative, Product, Engineering, Insights & Data Science to deliver compelling new personalized customer journeys
- Conduct advanced customer analytics to inform new engagement strategies and tactics.
- Support initiatives like on-boarding, retention, product launches, and events by building cross-channel communication around each
- Develop a robust experimentation pipeline, partnering with User Research and Business Intelligence to uncover user insights, create experimentation roadmaps and execute rigorous A/B tests to optimize program effectiveness.
- Create and optimize segmentation and content personalization strategies by leveraging user insights and business data.
- Own daily, weekly, monthly channel reporting, performance metrics and insights
- Partner with Product, Sales, Engineering and Data Science teams to increase user activation and engagement (including E-Mail & SMS performance through better tooling, automation and personalization)
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 5+ years of experience in E-Mail and / or SMS marketing
- Thorough understanding of Database Marketing, CRM, Lifecycle Marketing, Lead Gen
- Experience at technology companies in the SMB or Financial Services segment is a plus
- Experience owning all phases of development and execution of campaigns
- Analytically strong with experience in A/B testing & performance optimization
- Expertise in Marketing Automation tools such as Hubspot, Marketo or ActiveCampaign
- Deep knowledge in customer segmentation, behavioral targeting and list management
- Experienced working with major E-Mail & SMS service providers to set up and manage both ad-hoc and trigger-based campaigns
- Highly effective working in cross-functional teams
- Strategic thinker who can execute tactically and willing to get into details
- Excellent communication skills & ability to convey complex information in simple terms
- Comfort with ambiguity, fast pace and changing priorities
- Bachelor's Degree required
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Receive over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Remote work stipend (when we return to the office we will have commuter benefits)
- Weekly catered lunches
- Unlimited snacks in fully stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO and holidays
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- Generous, paid parental leave which covers up to 15 weeks
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
- Pet-friendly HQ