About Us: On the path to improving outcomes for pancreatic cancer patients, PanCAN is way out in front. Come upfront with us! We put the patient at the center of all that we do, and we want you to do that with us as part of the PanCAN Marketing & Communications team. This team is responsible for raising awareness and visibility about pancreatic cancer, elevating the organization’s role as the leader in the pancreatic cancer field, and ensuring a robust and diverse pipeline of constituents.
The Opportunity: Reporting into the Senior Director of Digital Marketing, the Senior Email Marketing Manager works closely with team members across the department and organization to understand the vision and strategies for their respective programs, supporting their efforts with email strategy recommendations based on data and analysis, industry best practices and consumer trends.
If you are:
- A savvy digital marketer with extensive experience (5-7 years) in developing and managing of email marketing and automation strategy, campaign design and implementation
- An individual with robust, hands on experience of one or more ESP/online marketing platforms (e.g. Luminate Online/Convio, Engaging Networks, Kimbia, Salesforce, Artez, Unxvision, Eloqua, Hubspot, Marketo, AKA, etc.)
- A strong project manager able to juggle multiple projects and priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A strong collaborator, team player and leader with excellent communication skills who can build consensus in cross-functional teams
- Enjoys keeping up-to-date with industry innovations, trends, and best practices across functional areas
- Comfortable advising team members and departments on email best practices, including layouts, subject lines, and content that will resonate with our audiences
You will Essentially:
- Have ownership of all outbound email communication, including the intake and request process and communication limits
- Lead strategy and development of email campaigns in collaboration with marketing and program teams
- Develop and manage the email calendar and make recommendations on email cadence, planning, and strategy
- Develop expertise on a range of non-profit online ESP/marketing software such as Luminate Online, Engaging Networks, Unxvision, Artez, Salesforce etc.
- Own the execution and monitor campaign performance and assist with developing campaign tracking, analysis, reporting, measurement processes and methodologies
- Manage PanCAN’s email distribution list request process, reviewing requests, liaising with Data team on list needs and best practices
- Plan, implement, and update life cycle email marketing campaigns, track A/B and multivariate tests
- Analyze and report on email campaign performance, results and impact to internal audiences of varying degrees of familiarity with email marketing
- Research and stay current with email marketing trends and best practices to improve constituent experience
- Responsible for other duties/projects as assigned by management as needed
Marketing @ PanCAN:
- Caring, compassionate, and an action-oriented Marketer who inspires others with enthusiasm and energy for PanCAN’s goals
- Excited by new opportunities and challenges and helps motivate others to be the same all while being a champion for PanCAN’s mission, vision, and core values
- Ability to ensure email marketing alignment with the needs of the constituents
- Able to drive results while understanding the competitive landscape and PanCAN’s position within it
- Seen as a trustworthy business partner who communicates with authenticity and inspiration
- Can convey messages in ways that leave audiences feeling heard and engaged
- Must be able to be effective in various group settings and among diverse styles and levels of position
- Collaborate with the various levels of management to achieve overall strategic goals
The Offer: In order to support the people fighting the world’s toughest cancer, we provide our staff with the resources, care, and sparkle to do and be their best in and out of the office. We offer competitive salaries, flexible work arrangements, exceptional time off, health and welfare benefits creating an extraordinary workplace and culture that our team members highly recommend to friends and colleagues. PanCAN Careers
The fine print: PanCAN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Individuals assigned to this position must be able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek management assistance as appropriate.