Orvis is seeking a hands-on Senior Email Marketing Manager to lead and execute the strategic vision to improve engagement, grow revenue, continue to innovate with personalization and manager the health and quality of our email file. This position is responsible planning, executing, and optimizing all email marketing efforts for Orvis. This role is critical to the company’s growth, customer satisfaction and continued digital transformation. The successful candidate will bring deep experience leading email program development, an understanding and curiosity about data and a strong collaborative personality. In this highly visible role, your industry experience and skills will direct the strategy, execution and toolsets used to accomplish our email program goals. Experience in email campaign management is required.
Orvis Company associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature.
This position reports directly to the Director of Digital Marketing. Interactions with the Head of Marketing and CXO are expected. The role currently has one direct report.
This position is responsible for the leadership, planning and successful execution of email communication and marketing strategies that satisfy business goals, as well as reporting deliverables and email best practices connected to that area of expertise.
- Own the contact strategy and execution for the email marketing channel. Including batched, automated and triggered send experiences.
- Lead and develop both direct and indirect team responsible for all aspects of email. Including Planning, Campaign Management, Segmentation, Execution, Testing, Analysis and Personalization.
- Responsible for monitoring and improving the health of our email file. Including churn, unsubscribes, deliverability and overall email engagement.
- Collaborate and communicate with teams across the company to integrate email content and strategies with overall policy, communications, and partnership team efforts; develop accountability to email metrics with key partners including Creative, Content and Merchandising
- Drive the expansion of personalization and AI driven content across all relevant email communications.
- Lead planning and tactical action to ensure email file development, email sender score health, and deliverability growth; drive collaboration with IT team and 3rd party ESP teams to ensure healthy email platform operations.
- Lead the tracking and monitoring of the effectiveness and success of email and content marketing initiatives using relevant monitoring tools and a variety of A/B testing. Set and deliver on tangible content and campaign goals, i.e. deliveries, opens, traffic, sales and profit
- Drive design and content in emails, in partnership with Merchandising and Creative leaders
- Profit Per Email / Engagement
- Email File Value
- Email File Size and Health
- Email Team Health
Skill Set Required:
- Philosophical alignment with company core values
- Ability to effectively build relationships with other functional areas in the organization
- Ability to lead and develop a team of highly skilled email professionals
- Ability to stay ahead of trends and adapt to new and changing email strategies and tools
- Demonstrated mastery of data manipulation and analytical interpretation of data
- Proven success driving, measuring, and analyzing email marketing campaigns
- 5+ years of experience in email campaign management, analytics, and optimization methods
- 5+ years in people and team management, including experience managing supervisor-level roles
- Strong experience in managing projects, including complex and cross-functional projects
- Strong experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud and enterprise campaign management tools is a plus
- Experience with AI driven content and experiences is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher