THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron is looking for an experienced Email Manager to join our growing team. This person will own Blue Apron’s email channel, soup to nuts (pardon the pun, but we’re food lovers here) engaging new and existing customers to drive revenue and build loyalty to our brand.
We are looking for a roll-up-your-sleeves operator who obsesses over email and thrives in detail, organization, and analysis. The successful candidate should have direct, hands-on experience conceptualizing, implementing and scaling successful email campaigns for an online retail or e-commerce business.
- Managing projects with cross functional teams, working closely to identify and achieve objectives/business goals
- Management of agencies, in partnership with Director
- Works with Analytics and develops performance reports and read outs to leadership
- Responsible for review and approving all creative before going live
- Assists, as needed, on campaign execution, including coding, segmentation, etc.
- Ensures best practices are implemented across all owned channel communications and vendor utilization
WHAT’S ON THE MENU
- Responsible for All Owned channel roadmap and strategic planning, aligning to overarching Marketing strategy and company business initiatives
- Review and prioritize incoming business requests and Marketing creative briefs, ensuring highest level of quality and strategic thinking are delivered
- Author creative briefs to bring the email strategy and promotional plans to life
- Conceptualize, develop and create email marketing campaigns, to drive new customer acquisition and maximize subscription conversion among non-subscribed users
- Develop and leverage customer segmentation to deliver relevant and effective communications
- Oversee and optimize the customer lifecycle strategy, from signup through to subscription to on boarding and ongoing engagement
- Partner closely w/ Creative, Product, CX, technology teams and our email service provider to execute campaigns and measure their effectiveness
- Establish a testing/learning agenda around customer segmentation, promotional offers that have rational and emotional resonance to our customers, and creative formats to continuously optimize and improve Blue Apron’s email channel
- Track and socialize performance across all email and push campaigns and present key insights to marketing management and business partners
- Oversee hind-sighting and competitive benchmarking to understand email effectiveness and inform future strategies
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of industry best practices, trends, consumers insights and shopping habits
- Manages direct reports who will assist in daily execution of email marketing programs, while working cross-functionally with a larger marketing team
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance
- 10+ years of experience in a consumer facing email marketing or CRM role
- Strong Experience with customer journey mapping, segmentation and targeting strategies
- Strong Experience with trigger email & lifecycle programs
- Strong analytical skills: Familiarity with A/B and multivariate testing and able to analyze campaign performance to evolve e-mail strategies. You are a player/coach, i.e. you are equally comfortable setting a vision and strategy as rolling up your sleeves to execute and thrive in environments that require you to do both.
- Comprehensive understanding of email best practices such as subject lines, messaging, dynamic emails, customer segmentation, HTML/CSS, responsive design and deliverability
- You possess a strong understanding of consumer mindset, consumer empathy and dedication to great consumer experiences and regularly use data to validate that understanding
- Excellent copywriting, communication, and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and an extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter who can power through ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
- Proficient in Google Docs and Microsoft Office, and experience with popular email service providers
- Experience with coding HTML/CSS emails
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.