UCAS is the world’s leading shared admissions service for higher education. We provide application services for UK universities and colleges as well as delivering a wide range of research, consultancy and advisory services to schools, colleges, careers services, professional bodies and employers.
We’re a successful and fast-growing organisation, which helps hundreds of thousands of people every year. We're committed to delivering a first-class service to all of our customers — they're at the heart of everything we do.
Business Unit Description
Sales and Marketing
The Sales and Marketing business unit takes responsibility for successfully and sustainably launching and growing products and services that respond to UCAS’ customer needs.
Through UCAS Media (UCAS’s commercial subsidiary), we connect clients to our engaged audiences and offer data-led consultancy and insight services to the HE sector and associated markets.
UCAS Media provides consultancy, insight, and marketing solutions for higher education providers wanting to improve their position in the market, and for commercial brands wanting to reach students. With our highly engaged audience, we’re in the perfect position to support our customers with what they need to identify, engage, and convert. All our profits are gift-aided back to UCAS, the charity.
Through our marketing functions we manage and provide content across the all of UCAS channels including ucas.com, our social channels, emails, and our network of face-to-face events.
About The Role Contractual Hours
About The Role
Email is a key part of the UCAS Media sales portfolio, with delivery and growth of the channel being a major element of the digital marketing strategy.
The Senior Email Marketing Executive will be responsible for assisting in implementing the forward looking email strategy, supporting the senior digital marketing manager.
- Support the senior digital marketing manager on redeveloping email offering within the business
- Work with the Senior Manager on implementation of email projects including:
- Capacity planning and team workflow improvements
- Analysis and optimisation of campaigns – working with data science teams to deliver
- Email opt-in value project
- Support on financial reporting to ensure clear views on income are delivered monthly
- Be key contact for Sales team to improve knowledge and sales offering.
- Be key contact for Customer success teams, helping to improve schedules and workflows between the teams.
- Work closely with data analysis on email analysis dashboard updates and improvements
- Harness existing reporting to analyse campaign results and provide actionable insight.
- Work with other digital marketing teams to support in building multichannel campaigns that email play a key role in.
- Work closely with the CRM team to understand customer segmentation and lifecycle opportunities to drive engagement and conversion
Skills, Qualifications, And Experience
- A working knowledge of email, and SMS delivery platforms and related products.
- 2 year+ of experience working in digital marketing.
- Hands on experience with an ESP.
- Experience in building/designing mobile responsive email HTML templates.
- Appreciation of cross browser/email compatibility issues.
- Track record of delivery in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent data analysis, presentation, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail in documentation and communication.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet variable deadlines.
- Experience with reporting desirable to feed back and visualise best performing content and templates.
- Remaining customer-centric always, ensuring everything you do assists in delivering a customer-focused experience that is appropriate for the device and stage of purchase.
- 30(!)days annual leave (plus 3 concessionary days over Christmas and your bank holidays!)
- Flexibility – UCAS positively supports Hybrid working for its employees, meaning you can work between home and the office in a way that suits you and the business and also has a comprehensive Flexible Working Policy
- A generous pension schem
- Hundreds of high street discounts and offers with Perkbox
- Internal training and development
- Subsidised gym and café
- Be rewarded for going above and beyond with our ex-gratia bonus scheme and Celebrating U, our quarterly employee recognition scheme
Working Arrangements Is remote working an option?