Dennis is one of the most dynamic media organisations, operating in the UK and US markets. Its portfolio of over 30 brands, operates in four areas of excellence: Current Affairs, Technology, Automotive and Lifestyle, reaching over 50 million unique users and selling over 2.5million magazines every month.
Dennis has transformed its approach from its traditional print publishing roots to a multi-platform publishing and ecommerce business spanning both the UK and US, and hosts titles such as The Week, Autoexpress and Kiplinger.
We now have an opportunity for a Senior Email Marketing Manager to join our Customer Revenues; Digital Performance team
What will you be doing?
Reporting directly to the Global CRM Manager, this position is a newly created role designed to deliver first class customer centric email marketing strategy and delivery for our UK titles.
Dennis has launched a digital growth programme in its pursuit of a diversified revenue portfolio with a significant focus on increasing and enriching first party data sets and utilising new and existing digital products and services to generate new recurring reader revenues. This role is central to delivering against new targets around optimal customer engagement and experience, with a particular focus on the email marketing channel.
You will be be responsible for the day-to-day management and planning of our UK email marketing activity and schedule building and launching our planned acquisition, retention, and customer service email communications.
You will maximise our use of Selligent, our ESP within our business, ensuring we are making the most of the platform and as such improving ROI and ensuring a thorough understanding of email communication and automated marketing best practice, competitor activity and industry benchmarks;
Day to day responsibilities
- Use Selligent Marketing Cloud to create and implement automated email marketing campaigns
- Support the wider team, managing a broad range of high volume campaigns
- Build a wide variety of dynamic and responsive templates within our ESP to support our customer communications lifecycle journeys
- Reporting on campaigns and automated journeys and provide analysis to aid in development and optimisation
- Revenue reporting
- Follow best practice for developing, optimising, testing and implementing email marketing
- Manage email master booking calendar for cadence across the business
- Keep up with competitors and trends in the CRM landscape to contribute ideas towards campaign planning
- Support on data capture and follow up campaigns
- Training for new and existing team members
- Building tracking links and ensuring all emails are tracking correctly
- Work with the subscriptions and data team for correct and optimal segmentation
- Troubleshoot HTML for email rendering issues
- Daily monitoring of automated campaigns
- Ensuring process is followed for booking, delivery and execution of campaigns
- Escalation of issues to management as and when necessary
- experience in a CRM / email marketing role
- Passionate about technology and problem solving;
- Good understanding of all digital media and technology;
- Experience in working with agencies and stakeholders in a cross-functional environment;
- Intuitive understanding of customer journeys and relationships and audiences from a customer-first perspective
- Demonstrable qualities in team working, cultural development and challenge
- Media/publishing experience preferable but not essential;
- Experience using Selligent Marketing Cloud is desirable.
- Basic HTML knowledge is preferable
At Dennis, we are dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA, our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for this editorial internship, we’d very much like to hear from you!