Senior Designers at Booking.com are experienced designers with craft expertise and an exceptional understanding of their subject areas. They work directly within a team and indirectly across a small number of teams within their subject area to define and execute the design details that drive business value.
Marketing Messaging is a multi-channel, ever-changing, complex and high business impact area. To achieve Booking.com’s mission, we need to bring real value to our customers with every message we send them. This requires excellent design leadership and expertise in marketing messaging.
Marketing Messaging organisation is in charge of achieving this goal. We have a diverse group of software engineers, data scientists, designers, product managers and marketers to make all this possible.
Senior Email Marketing Designer - Marketing Messaging
Senior Email Marketing Designers at Booking.com are experienced designers with craft expertise and an exceptional understanding of their subject areas. They work directly within a team and indirectly across a small number of teams within their subject area to define and execute the design details that drive business value.
A Senior Email Marketing Designers in Marketing Messaging is an experienced designer with craft expertise and an exceptional understanding of email marketing, push notifications and other communication channels. They comfortably take on known and anticipated product design challenges and deftly balance design strategy, customer needs, and business goals to influence and provide clear strategic and tactical solutions.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of product features and underlying technologies across teams and tracks - demonstrates a working understanding of the larger user and business context of their product area.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding and application of user-centered design concepts, methods, tools and techniques to enable and advance quality design and outcomes.
- Creates high-quality well-researched and data informed design assets and solutions at higher volume and velocity than core level designers.
- Responsible for overall product design quality in their area - proactively identifies, fixes critical issues and bugs across track teams.
- Completes complex objectives autonomously, involving everyone necessary; proactively generates new product ideas, as well as devises tests and/or processes to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions.
- Proactively helps others to develop, champion, and refine ideas or initiatives that solve business and/or user needs both inside and outside of their area of direct responsibility.
- Demonstrates advanced understanding of Booking's brand, design and accessibility standards and systems and ensures they are adhered to in their area of business.
- Proactively partners with their peers, leads, or others in the tech and product organizations to drive and execute on broader level strategy to improve the product and the community around them.
- Advances team and design community understanding of user-centered design concepts, methods and techniques; facilitates team ideation sessions, solution discovery and brainstorming relevant for design topics.
- Volunteers to work on projects to solve business and/or user needs outside of their area of direct responsibility (e.g. could be issues other designers aren’t willing to tackle or don’t find interesting).
- Makes use of (and guides core designers in team or track in using) Booking data tools like ET and Google Analytics and enables usage and definition of qualitative research topics to deliver solutions accountable to business metrics.
- Actively participates in recruiting and initiatives to grow and strengthen the craft community.
- Clearly communicates design approaches and solutions throughout the development lifecycle across multiple teams and disciplines to achieve project objectives, to proactively build productive relationships, and to collaborate to gain cooperation for projects and initiatives within own function.
- Mentors and coaches designers within a track; improves others' productivity within a track and on other teams where possible.
Skills And Qualities
- 5+ years Email Marketing & UX design experience
- Knowledge of email development using HTML, CSS, optimization for different email clients, testing and prototyping tools
- Experience with designing push notifications messaging as well as for other marketing communications channels
- Advanced knowledge using core design tools, like Figma, Litmus and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Experienced developing e-commerce products, commercial mindset, seek to maximize business impact
- Strong communication and collaboration, team player and fast learner
- Passionate about design and product
- Has experience with Messaging CRM systems
- Knowledgeable about Customer Data Protection regulations
- Has experience co-developing messaging systems, engagement strategy and how to measure incremental value
Designers at Booking.com are excellent collaborators. We work in an agile, dynamic, diverse environment in which openness & humility are key. Our designers combine their knowledge and expertise with the goals of our business to deliver a world-class user experience to our diverse, loyal user-base. At Booking.com, design is a team sport, and together we solve hard problems while keeping the user at the center of everything we do.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace is part of our core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and know that a team of different backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives makes us thrive and build better products. We are fortunate to be members of one of the most diverse design teams in the world and we do our best work when we join forces. We’re looking forward to welcoming you into our team of exceptionally talented and fun colleagues, where you'll do challenging and rewarding work.
This role is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance for you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated thousands of technology professionals to Amsterdam.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits
- Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
- Competence advancements via online resources, trainings, on-the-job opportunities, conferences and community initiatives
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.