Location: PSP Toronto
Application deadline: 21 May 2021
Type of contract: UNOPS - Level 5
Duration: Continuous contract (extended on annual basis)
Expected start date: 01 June 2021
The United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) is the world’s leading not-for-profit organization in helping and protecting the millions of people forced to flee their homes because of violence, conflict, and persecution. We deliver life-saving assistance, including shelter, food and water while also safeguarding fundamental human rights, safety, and dignity.
Our Canadian office is part of a global network that works in 135 countries, protecting over 80 million people. We were founded in 1950 as part of the United Nations effort to help people displaced by World War II. Since then we have been on the ground helping over 80 million people forced to leave their homes and have even received two Nobel Prizes for our work.
We are passionate about the people we help—and the amazing team of people who work for us. We thrive on excellence, integrity, and respect for diversity. Our culture is dynamic, results-oriented and focused on change, ready to tackle the latest global humanitarian crisis. You will be part of a newly growing team that—due to a significant revitalization process—is set for transformational growth. We need someone who is not only ready to jump in at the start of this journey, but has the skills, energy, and creativity to help shape what comes next.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
- The Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Senior Email Marketing Specialist will oversee all aspects of the substantial email marketing program at UNHCR Canada. Last year we raised $1M CAD from email, a 40% increase from the previous year. This year, we are already 30% ahead of last year. Email is quickly becoming one of our most important fundraising channels and we seek a dedicated specialist who will manage and grow the program further.
- This position will have end-to-end responsibility over the email program, from strategy, to deployment, to reporting. This position sits within the individual giving program, which raised $13M from donors in 2020. It also supports the communications and major gifts team with their initiatives.
The role reports into the PSP Associate (Donor Acquisition), the Senior Email Marketing Assistant will be responsible for the following list of duties
- Maintains email calendar
- Project manages copywriting of all emails and compiles team feedback
- Maintains email templates - knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Creates graphic elements of emails
- Plans and executes on all a/b tests in order to iteratively improve performance
- Builds and deploys all emails
- Proofreads emails for clarity, grammar, spelling and best practice
- Maintains email segments/profiles in platform including regular imports from Raiser’s Edge
- Maintains list hygiene
- Completes all analytics and reporting of emails
- Sets up and maintains all automated email journeys
- Manages all tracking links
- Maintain updates to donation pages and other landing pages
- We currently use Engaging Networks to deploy all emails, with data sourced from Raiser’s Edge. We are in the process of migrating to Salesforce and anticipate migrating to the Selligent marketing tool in 2022, where this role would also oversee SMS communications.
Monitoring and Progress Control
- In conjunction with the team, raise $9.4 million for the Individual Giving retention portfolio in 2021.
Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma with 2 years of experience in email marketing, or,
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with 1 year of experience in email marketing
- Experience with fundraising/non-profit is an asset
- Incredible attention to detail
- Fluency in English. French an asset
- Some knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experienced with Photoshop
- Fundraising email copywriting experience an asset
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Engaging Networks experience an asset
- Raiser’s Edge experience an asset
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work confidently under pressure to deadlines
- Ability to work with confidential information with discretion
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
- Salary range: $56,947 - 71,001
The final salary step within this range is determined based on experience and education following the
established criteria for step allocation.
- Benefits: 30 days paid annual leave per year in addition to 10 statutory holidays.
- Attractive medical insurance plan including dental and paramedical (physiotherapy, psychiatry, prescription medication)
- Recruitment process: 6 - 8 weeks
- PSP Toronto office is located at Midtown Toronto. However, due to the current situation, the
interview and written test are conducted remotely.
- Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour,
sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and the Personal History/Supplementary forms to
[email protected] with “CANTO/PSP/VN21-013- Senior Email Marketing Assistant” in the subject line.
To access forms, please visit our website https://www.unhcr.ca/careers/.
Application without personal history form will not be reviewed.
Please note that the receipt of applications will not be acknowledged and only short-listed candidates will be contacted