Ragnarok is a rapidly-expanding CRM agency based in NYC. As a full-service agency, we bridge the gap between creative, marketing and technology. We specialize in cross-channel content strategy, creation and distribution (email, push, SMS, web, video, social and more), as well as web development and implementations. We work with 50+ clients, ranging in size from startups like Birchbox and Classpass to established brands like A+E and Careerbuilder.
To handle our increasing workload, we are seeking a Senior Email Developer. The role is Part-Time to start, with potential to grow into full-time down the line. We’re open to both in-office (in our midtown NYC office) or remote candidates.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a strong background in email production and is looking to gain experience in working on several top-tier marketing platforms. The candidate will be expected to work on a wide variety of projects with differing code structures. In addition to working directly inside the HTML, the candidate will also develop the CSS styling and implement platform-specific code to incorporate dynamic logic inside the template. Once the coding is completed, the candidate will QA and test in various marketing platforms with our clients directly.
In addition to coding, the candidate will work directly in implementing programs inside each platform, by making mock API calls directly via a tool such as Postman and will grasp how to make the program handle any edge cases and filter users into different flows as required.
The ideal candidate:
- 3+ years of email production and development experience
- Mastery of HTML and CSS specific to email
- Proficiency with JSON
- Knows what an API is, how it works and is proficient in making GET and POST calls
- Understand how a data feed works
- Has an understanding of email code structure and knows how to make code responsive for different devices
- Is a solid trainer – and is able and willing to help skill-up our team of junior email developers
- Assist with internal QA, helping the team of junior producers to learn to check their own work
- Has strong client email etiquette and can communicate with testing, QA and updates directly with clients if needed
- Can take feedback, clarify it and make adjustments, several times if needed.
- Doesn’t mind occasionally having dogs around the office.
- Platform experience with Iterable, Braze, Sailthru or Klaviyo
- Knowledge of Liquid or Python
- Proficiency with Photoshop
In order to be considered, please send:
– Your cover letter and resume
– Any previous coded email examples
– Your interests (so we can learn more about you!)
– Any other documents/links you think are relevant