The Mobilization Team is looking for an experienced email and SMS professional to work alongside Email and SMS Team members to create sharp, thoughtful, and engaging email and SMS content. They will be responsible for ideating, writing, reviewing, and automating grassroots fundraising and organizing campaigns using fundraising and mobilization tactics to maximize growth and revenue ahead of the 2022 midterm election cycle.
What You'll Do
- Be responsible for writing and reviewing direct response copy to reach supporters through email and SMS
- Oversee and provide feedback on other email and SMS strategists’ work, growing their skill sets around writing, coding, and strategy
- Innovate how to best reach and mobilize our grassroots supporters over email and SMS -- and tell a story about the work of the DNC that is coherent and integrated across all channels
- Help conceptualize overall strategy and planning for fundraising and mobilization campaigns, including execution of complex segmentation and optimization programs, while ensuring the highest standard of quality
- Produce clean, professional user experiences on tight timelines, with coordination across our the Mobilization Team and with outside partners
- Strong understanding of email and SMS fundraising best practices
- Excellent writing, reviewing, and proofreading skills; you have a deep understanding of how to inspire people to take action using the written word
- You act quickly in rapid response situations, you can innovate within situations that change on the fly, and you maintain a positive attitude through it all
- You are in D.C. or be willing to relocate to the Washington, D.C. area
Preference Given For Anyone With
- One or more years working with an email, SMS, or direct marketing program for an electoral campaign, advocacy organization, or non-profit organization
- Working knowledge of website CMS, CRM, or mass email systems (e.g. Action Network, ActionKit, EveryAction, Mobile Commons)
- Experience innovating online fundraising and organizing alongside vendors (e.g. Movable Ink, Return Path, Mobilize America)
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.